1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Sir Terry. :pilotsalute:

Now it was the turn of the instrument panel in front of the console on the left side of the pilot. This is how the kit includes them.
(the IP, I put it up side down, to work on the detailed cables from the back)

20.jpg

With the levers of the console, I had no major problem using the acupuncture needles.

21.jpg

The interesting thing started at work with the back of the IP, ... by then I had already broken two mini-bits when making the holes in the console! (I always had some problems with the console!)

22.jpg

With wires and a bit of cyano, I started landing my idea ...

23.jpg
24.jpg

...And this is the result...

25.jpg
26.jpg

... I decided to add another piece of hose, to give a little more detail ...

27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg

The length of the wires, will allow to give more detail to the lower part of the lateral console.

... I started with my madness, :wacky:... and with some of the information and images shared by Wojtek and Geo in PM, I will share in time the adjustments and additions to our AW177.

I hope you enjoy it, join me, keep commenting.
Thanks for stopping by here. :thumbup:
Hasta pronto!

At once I take this opportunity to share this small advance.

Taking into account that to be able to paint the interior of the cabin I must have ready the console on the left side of the pilot; and although it should not be attached before detailing the dials, levers and different buttons, if it is important that all the wiring of the front panel, is accommodated along the bottom of the "arm" with the 3 dials and fit in the bottom of the console, giving a nice appearance (as shown by some pictures of the interior and that can be seen through the greenhouse windows.

And only then can I paint and detail that piece before joining it to the side of the cockpit.

I already had the experience of my past He-111 and I remember that I suffered too much because first I joined the console already painted and detailed to the side wall and then I stuck the "square", already painted and detailed in the tiny space that has to join the two pieces!! (UNA PESADILLA :shocked!:)

Now I made that part a little deeper, so that it has more support for the small place where the two pieces will be join ...

30.jpg
31.jpg

These are just more pictures from different angles to ensure that the two pieces are aligned and in correct position ...

32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg

The structure that I used was much simpler than the one used with the previous one (experience and failures bear fruit) :laughing6:

35.jpg

... that's how I worked it the first time (almost finishing the aircraft)

1.jpg
2.jpg

On the other hand I started with the sides and in the starboard I started with some details (in case something could be seen from the part of that piece that goes to the glass bubble.

36.jpg
37.jpg

Now I can start with the detailing of the interiors in both starboard and port (thanks to the formidable images and photos collected shared and those I found on the internet).

Best regards. :thumbup:

A big greeting to the UK, thanks Terry for your comment. :thumbup:

To be able to start applying the color RLM66 Schwarzgrau inside the cockpit, I had to have all the pieces that make it up ready, so I continued with the last touches to the spaghetti, to be able to define the correct position of the noodles.

The union of the frontal panel to the arm of the console, has a very small space of union, so after spending the night with the Tamiya ETC, I reinforced the union with a little cyanoacrylate.
The manipulation of the piece had to be very careful when arranging the wires in a suitable position, ... and to avoid the risk that that union could be detached or broken.

38.jpg
39.jpg

A first dry fit with the floor of the cabin, the fuselage and the rear wall, allowed me to check that the spaces were the right ones to place the console ...

40.jpg
41.jpg

With tape Tamiya I attached the console to the wall in its corresponding place. Leaving the branch of the small IP board, it helped me enough to be able to manipulate the piece without risk of bending the wires and not get in my fingers in such a small piece!

42.jpg

With some difficulty to have no accident, finally I could assemble the pieces in a last dry fit, before returning to separate the pieces and wait for their turn of paint.

43.jpg
44.jpg
45.jpg
46.jpg

This is part of my workbench, now I can separate and keep the pieces of the cockpit in a safe place until the moment to start painting.

47.jpg

I hope you like it too.

Now I can dedicate myself to work inside the bomb bay. It must be built in its entirety, because it is a dead space (empty) in the kit.

I have thought to modify the doors of the walls (front and rear) of the bomb bay, to make them in position that the front ones are "practically open" and of the back wall, at least one is open. Each wall has two sliding doors, so it will be entertaining to make those modifications as well.
As I am also going to open the holes for the windows that will include the BB, these and the open doors, will give "more interior light" for the future bomb racks!

But that will be from tomorrow because today I will take my beautiful wife to dinner outside. :smuggrin:

Hasta pronto y happy modeling to all. :thumbup:

According to plan, I started working on the sliding doors of both the cockpit bulkhead and the bomb bay bulkhead.

48.jpg
49.jpg

Now to work with the internal parts of those walls ...

50.jpg
51.jpg
52.jpg

It is a small advance but we are moving forward ... :thumbup:

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back