1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

....or Tamiya tape for making seatbelts. Here's a question....I was just on the Britmodeller site and was checking out a finished build. In his thread he mentioned that the clear parts of the nose section would sometimes fog over in flight. To alleviate this problem until the clear parts were de-fogged, there was a small pop-up window on top and the pilot would stand up to fly. Is this true? I can't imagine it as the rudder pedals would now be useless. Here is a photo to illustrate the pop-up.

1542997024083.png

From a Russian book entitled "War in the Air"

I have seen a couple of similar images like the one you posted Geo. But never while flying or taxing. All of them were taken while a bomber was parking. The pic above seems to be taken on the ground as well. Your point about the rudder pedals is correct. What is more I can't imagine flying without watching the indicators and accessing of all control levers. I would say, using of the side window for the purpose would be more possible rather.

However the info form the Crowood book for the bomber...

he111.jpg

Lordy!! I was not really expecting to see that contraption. Don't let Luis see that, he'll build it :p
Very interesting lifting mechanism for that pilot seat.
But I think that modification (although I saw it, Geo, :smuggrin:), will not be an option for our AW177 ... hahaha
Thank you Wojtek for such information.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Taking advantage of the inertia, the pieces of the cabin that will go in RLM66 are practically finished:

70.jpg
71.jpg
72.jpg
73.jpg

... these windows look very ugly, but we already know that they are about to be reconstructed with new acetate panels, taking Chad's advice, as the simplest (apparently ...8-[)

As in a photographic set ... then ... the base of the cockpit:

74.jpg
75.jpg
76.jpg
77.jpg
78.jpg
79.jpg

Now, I think I'll alternate the repair of the famous windows with the paint in the different instrument panels (the pilot's auxiliary IP, the console on the left side, the IP to the pilot's upper right and the main one), which go in a lighter gray (is there a particular RLM for this IP gray? ... mayby RLM76 Lichtbleau?) ... and all this, while I see how to assemble the landing gear without losing my head in the attempt !! :crazyeyes:

Gracias por sus comentarios y visitas :thumbup:

Regarding these windows I would finish working on them firstly before painting and attaching parts to the fuselage side.

Regarding these windows I would finish working on them firstly before painting and attaching parts to the fuselage side.
I will do so, my friend. I hope not to damage what I already did in the cockpit, anyway I will cover it with Tamiya tape, so as not to risk what has already been done.

Muchas gracias ... y ... I appreciate very much those recommendations or suggestions that could avoid some setback that I might not have contemplated. They will always be welcome, however obvious they may be, I can make a mistake without realizing it.
:pilotsalute: :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back