1/48 Italeri Junkers Ju-87 R2 Stuka

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That was a great solution to a difficult problem Grant and as Andy says, it takes your modelling detail to the next level. As for the problem in itself, my experience with many of the Italeri kits leads me ti think they are a bit shoddy with the workmanship, your earlier pic of the sprue attachment is a good example. I'm currently working on a Fw 190-A German Aces special release kit from Italeri and have come across a number of issued both in the kit moulding, part fitment and misleading instructions. :D

Thanks Vic - I did originally think this kit could have been a rebadged Hasegawa kit, but now I'm leaning toward it being one of their own kits. The frustrating thing is that the detail is really good on this kit, but the fit difficulties just let it down a bit. Not to worry - onwards & upwards. Just about to head out to the workbench for some quality plastic time!

Hey there Grant! I hadn't visited the site for quite a while, and am pretty excited to see you're building the same flavour Stuka as me (Italeri 1/48), except I have the Battle of Britain Ju87B boxing, without the funky snake. Sadly. I was going to put my build on the site, but figure I'd be sending everyone to this thread to see how to do it properly! I have encountered exactly the same problems as you, with poor fit at the wing root, and I'm hating the horribly thick trailing edges. My "fixes" have been nowhere near as successful or elegant as yours though, and sadly I'm too far advanced to use your cunning ideas. I'm thinking of cutting the flaps/ailerons off and trying to tidy up the trailing edges, but struggling with how much extra time it will take vs. reward it will give! I'll be watching with interest though, and hope to leverage off your experience!

IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0458.JPG

No harm in setting up your own thread even at this stage of your build. You also won't be taking any thunder from other builds, we dedicated modellers like to keep our tabs on you all, handing out encouragement, hints and the odd laughable moments. So come on, chip in we'd love to have you join our modelling nuthouse. :D

Last edited:
Hey there Grant! I hadn't visited the site for quite a while, and am pretty excited to see you're building the same flavour Stuka as me (Italeri 1/48), except I have the Battle of Britain Ju87B boxing, without the funky snake. Sadly. I was going to put my build on the site, but figure I'd be sending everyone to this thread to see how to do it properly! I have encountered exactly the same problems as you, with poor fit at the wing root, and I'm hating the horribly thick trailing edges. My "fixes" have been nowhere near as successful or elegant as yours though, and sadly I'm too far advanced to use your cunning ideas. I'm thinking of cutting the flaps/ailerons off and trying to tidy up the trailing edges, but struggling with how much extra time it will take vs. reward it will give! I'll be watching with interest though, and hope to leverage off your experience!
Hey Doug - nice to hear from you! I must admit that I have made zero progress on this build since my last post. It sits forlornly in its box above my workbench waiting on me to get back to work. I'd like to use the excuse that I have been working on other projects but the truth is that my job has been rudely intruding on my life over the past month or two.

Mate, don't be shy about setting up a thread - as Vic has mentioned - the more the merrier! Plus, I'd really like to see some more of your kit - the detail you have in your cockpit and engine looks way better than I've managed!

With any luck I might get back to this kit in the next few weeks - just need to tell some people at work to sod off and stop wasting my time! :laughing6:

Hey Doug - nice to hear from you! I must admit that I have made zero progress on this build since my last post. It sits forlornly in its box above my workbench waiting on me to get back to work. I'd like to use the excuse that I have been working on other projects but the truth is that my job has been rudely intruding on my life over the past month or two.

Mate, don't be shy about setting up a thread - as Vic has mentioned - the more the merrier! Plus, I'd really like to see some more of your kit - the detail you have in your cockpit and engine looks way better than I've managed!

With any luck I might get back to this kit in the next few weeks - just need to tell some people at work to sod off and stop wasting my time! :laughing6:
Righty-o then... like you, work has been ruining my life and slashing available plastic-model-playing-time. I'll make the effort and run a parallel build to you. Who knows: we may encourage each other to do something!

Righty-o then... like you, work has been ruining my life and slashing available plastic-model-playing-time. I'll make the effort and run a parallel build to you. Who knows: we may encourage each other to do something!
That's the spirit lads and lucky me my work days are over so I have all the time in the world..................................................Sorry, gotta go, I've just been summoned, daily chores! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back