1\48 Ju 188 E-1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sturmbock44

Banned
Nov 5, 2012
California
Here is a 1\48 Ju 188 E1 from Dragon , I modeled it after a picture i found. supposedly of the EKG 22. Not too sure but i like the scheme and went for it.The kit has the same minor flaws that you will find in the DML Ju 88 kits... but the real killer is how the canopy fits , i ended up having to use a small hairpin clip to spread the cockpit walls out .
I used a Eduard PE set to spruce up the cockpit inside, which is really good out of the box. I swiped a lufte7 bomb aiming computer and a drop tank from a Do 217 E5 kit. a SC1000 bomb from a He 111. Two AB 250 cluster bombs came from DML and eduard Fw 190s. The MG 151 barrel came from a He 177 kit. The kit is a beast but the only game in town for Ju188, and really builds up into a great model. Panel lines and other detail are really good. I hope you all like it. Here are a lot of pictures hope i didnt overdo it but i really like this bomber.
20121215_192238.jpg
Ju188bombbottom.jpg
Ju188EKG22.jpg
Ju188Enginestop.jpg
ju188leftfront.jpg
Ju188leftwingtop.jpg
Ju188letbomb.jpg
Ju188lettop2.jpg
Ju188MG.jpg
Ju188payload.jpg
Ju188pit2.jpg
Ju188Pit3.jpg
Ju188Rearleft.jpg
Ju188top.jpg
Ju188Top23.jpg
Ju188Top (2).jpg

Last edited:
You guy's really set the bar as far as what I want to achieve. I consider myself fortunate to have found this forum. Very well done sir.

wow guys thanks for the compliments! I agree that this forum is where ive seen many a model that made me rethink what can be achieved. I really dont include myself in that bunch yet. Im glad you all like it though looked very normal looking before i included a simple oil wash which i left some residue on for grime and also a thin fast spray of rusty black brown for exhaust .

Killer cammo and excellent looking build Jason! Makes me want to do another 188 myself! btw what did you use to fill in the gap around the front 20mm cannon?

I cut a small piece of masking just big enough to cover the hole From the inside frame outline . painted it black and made a hole just big egh to poke the gun through. Im toying with the idea of cutting out the same shape in foil or plastic wrap and painting it black I think it will have that wrinkly look of a leather covered pivot .

Last edited:
Thanks Jason. I used built up layers of white(elmers)glue ,as it dried was able to manipulate it for a wrinkled 'leather' look and it worked decent enough . Still trying to come up with a faster working solution tho and the foil idea you have sounds like its worth a go! cheers Trey

Hope you stick around Jason. We've had many good builders do touch and goes on this forum and I'm going to need your expertise for a Ju88G-6 I have in my stash. Again, a beautiful build.

Lol Andy I think ive spotted one or two of those on here. Heck yeah im sticking around I love this forum ! Trying to take the time to search around for old post and on other builds . I have a g6 in mind for long down the road. After I do the 88H1 and mistel I might be burnt. BTW I think you and a few other guys showed me I dont have nearly enough reference also admire the care for accuracies that you show. I can pick up a lot when it comes to adding bits for landing gear etc. not leaving until im kicked out :) im going to be bugging you all soon with these zg 1builds that I want to do. Andy im putting together a few things so I can email you a few different schemes maybe you could help me make some decisions. Thanks again jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back