1/48 Monogram Heinkel He 111 H-2 BoB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As always, I'm extremely grateful for this response that clarifies a lot regarding the chosen kite.

Guess that the spinners were painted on washable black paint. So some colour beneath the black would surely make the trick right?

Thank you again my friend :salute:

Hello again my fellow modelers:

I've been working just a few hours on the project so far, but guess that that for the first time I have worked with lightning inside a plane, it was worthwhile.... Just two LED lights in this kite....

First all the engine intakes received a foil that resembles a radiator like the next images:

The upper radiator exhaust-
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 20.30.46 (2).jpeg

The lower exhaust of the engine-
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 20.30.46 (4).jpeg

The cockpit received more detail on the inner and outer structure-
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 20.30.47 (1).jpeg

And the lateral windows were drilled to receive the MG-15´s on both sides-
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 20.30.47.jpeg

This in order to complete the electrical installation inside the main inner body as well as in the cockpit. These led lamps were found to be small enough to fit between the cockpit equipment- The exterior windows were covered with liquid masking before locating the structure to receive the MG-15´s on each side of the fuselage-
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 20.55.23.jpeg

And the the electrical tests in order to proceed to close the fuselage-
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.38.55 (3).jpeg

The batteries will be located in the bomb bay and a small electrical switch will be located between the two bombs-

And this is the lightning provided in the main body and in the cockpit with more detail.-
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.38.55 (1).jpeg

And finally the cockpit view-
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.38.55.jpeg

That all for this stage before closing the fuselage and proceed with the exterior paint works. But before that, some neodymium magnets will be installed God knows the exact place, but this baby indeed will be heavily laden off the center of the kite.....

BTW, guess I need a new phone with a small camera to present better the details......

Please stay safe my friends. :pilotsalute:

Gerry

Hello my friends:

Back to the workbench, at least for several nights during the last weeks.

Time to close the fuselage and taking care of the cockpit details (such as the little curtains found in several windows of the main structure that conforms the glaze dome, but not applied in all the windows.....

The cockpit lightning will be located between an instrument panel and part of the emergency exit for the copilot. Lot of dry fitting work in order to ensure the correct fuselage location between the two halfs....

Another items that were installed and glued inside were bigger neodymium magnets due that the plane is beginning to show more weight (this baby is getting heavier by the day), and the final idea is to present it on a transparent display that will have to stand the mass of this baby.... Let's see the pending items to be installed with weight:, batteries, lights on/off switch, lots of paint and a pair of SC1000 bombs...:crazyeyes:

1 glue 01.jpeg

The glueing works were performed in two sessions in order to permit the fuselage to melt correctly.....

BTW, the under fuselage fit was really a kick in the .a**...... But in general it's a good fit after all. Good work Revell.....

Each window pane received its liquid masking.
2 glue 02.jpeg

Once the fuselage was dry enough, it was time to begin with the plaster works, basically in the kite belly.....
3 plaster 01.jpeg

And now it was time to begin the masking works in order to proceed with a first coat of silver paint to denote any imperfections of the plaster works.... and there are many... :scratch:

(Please avoid eating Doritos while working with any kite......). Doritos finger prints with lots of grease can be found everywhere in the fuselage, and as the good ol´Murphy stated, you will find these marks specifically where you don't need or want them....

4 masking 01.jpeg

And now it was time for the silver priming.

It is still needed some fine sanding works in order to continue....
6 primario 04.jpeg

And this is the image of the silver belly before the sanding works....
7 primario 05.jpeg

Well if all turns out as scheduled, maybe this week the paint works will begin, along with the antennas location works found specifically in the belly. Don't remember the purpose of this antennas.....

Guess that the first hand of paint will be applied with some areas with RLM 65 that will receive some protective and washable hair spray in order to simulate the weather exposure in several areas of the fuselage (simulating also the wear and tear of an almost daily work in the night)...... then the black paint will be applied that after looking the pics found on the web, apparently the color was a mixture between a dark cold and warm grey.

This was noted because in several images you can still see the black numerals specifically in the fuselage sides as well as other darker details all over the surfaces....

Have an incredible weekend my friends and stay safe.

Best Regards :pilotsalute:

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back