1/48 P-61A – Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beautiful work on the nose strut Wayne! Should be nice and sturdy with that brass rod.

Bl**dy nice work on the nose gear Wayne !
How did you make the yoke itself ? Must have been a tricky job getting the curve at the right profile.

Thanks Terry. studied some pics and took a copy of the instructions increased it to 1/48 and used that as a basis to get the shape and lengths of the various pieces i put together.

I understand Wayne, but intrigued as to how you actually got such a neat and accurate shape on the curve of the axle yoke itself - it almost looks like a moulded part. For example, is it carved from solid plastic, or built-up from laminates of plastic ?
Whichever way you did it, it looks bl**dy good !

Thanks for the explanation Wayne. I didn't realize you were running the brass rod right into the tire, which should do the trick. I couldn't see the yoke holding by itself.

And I agree with Terry, the part quality looks amazing.

Thanks Guys, i thought about it for a while to get the best result, knowing it had to support a fair bit of weight.

Terry, I laminated 2 pieces of Plasticard to get the thickness first. then i carefully cut the shape slightly oversized, making sure the inside arch matched the tyre profile, then started carefully sanding the outside shape to get the curve right followed by a taper and then rounded the outer edge.
So filing, check, sanding, check, filing, check, sanding.....constantly checking until I was satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back