1/48 P-61A – Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Fellas, willlook to paint the beast over the Easter weekend.

Next step get the new nose undercarriage piece done and set to the right height....

Plan is to get the front wheel undercarriage height done and set on Good Friday and throw a bit of paint here and there to check things out......that's the plan....

I hear that train a com'in com'in round the bend you're getting their brother great artwork cannot be rushed they say ;)

yeah well, not rushed at all haven't touched the damn thing yet...at least in between things over Easter I got some ship stuff finished....

Me too mate! me too.

Anyway I have made a new undercarriage leg for the nose...from plastic card and tube...
80_U-C Nose Leg_3352.jpg
81_U-C Nose Leg_3389.jpg
82_U-C Nose Leg_3395.jpg
83_U-C Nose Leg_3562.jpg
84_U-C Nose Leg Assy_3568.jpg

Thanks very much Guys....I scrape by Kevin..!

I won't have any trouble supporting the weight in the nose Andy, as there is a brass rod that will sit inside the strut, it locates into the metal weight below the cockpit through the strut and has been cut to fit approximately 3mm into the Resin wheel via a properly aligned drill hole, only thing left will be the hole through the side of the leg for the additional Brass rod into the centre of the wheel to complete the structure, should be real strong once all parts are superglued in place, parts are dry fitted at the moment and will be permanently set after painting is done.
86_U-C Pin_3576.jpg
87_U-C Pin_3577.jpg
88_Wheel Fit to U-C leg_3580.jpg
89_Whheels in place_3582.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back