1/48 P-61A – Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bl**dy nice work on the nose gear Wayne !
How did you make the yoke itself ? Must have been a tricky job getting the curve at the right profile.

Thanks Terry. studied some pics and took a copy of the instructions increased it to 1/48 and used that as a basis to get the shape and lengths of the various pieces i put together.

I understand Wayne, but intrigued as to how you actually got such a neat and accurate shape on the curve of the axle yoke itself - it almost looks like a moulded part. For example, is it carved from solid plastic, or built-up from laminates of plastic ?
Whichever way you did it, it looks bl**dy good !

Thanks for the explanation Wayne. I didn't realize you were running the brass rod right into the tire, which should do the trick. I couldn't see the yoke holding by itself.

And I agree with Terry, the part quality looks amazing.

Thanks Guys, i thought about it for a while to get the best result, knowing it had to support a fair bit of weight.

Terry, I laminated 2 pieces of Plasticard to get the thickness first. then i carefully cut the shape slightly oversized, making sure the inside arch matched the tyre profile, then started carefully sanding the outside shape to get the curve right followed by a taper and then rounded the outer edge.
So filing, check, sanding, check, filing, check, sanding.....constantly checking until I was satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread