1/48 scale Focke-Wulf 190 A-6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clipperkite

Recruit
Jan 6, 2011
Hi

This is my recently completed Eduard's 190 A-6. It's my very first attempt with an airbrush (and my first post on this forum) so it was, as they say, a bit of a 'challenge'. My first two attempts at painting it were so bad that they had to be removed - mainly because I didn't understand that airbrushed paint will dry in the air if you hold the brush too far from the model!! We live and learn.

The aircraft is intended to be a fairly representative bog-standard 190 as one might have seen on the Channel Front in 1943/44 (two contrasting tones of grey with light blue undersides).

The kit is essentially as provided by Eduard, although I did replace the cannon with drill bits and the hoop aerial with a bit of aluminum wire (because I broke the plastic part). I appreciate that the cannon are a bit shiney. However, because I really like the contrast effect I decided to just gave them a very light wash of matt black.

Attachments

• resized A-6 in profile.jpg
    resized A-6 in profile.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 213
  • resized overhead A-6 view.jpg
    resized overhead A-6 view.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 209
  • resized 3-4 A-6 Wulf.jpg
    resized 3-4 A-6 Wulf.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 210
It's great!~~especially the first one. like a 1940's old photo.
BTW:brush some mark setter before you apply the decal will make the craft better

Good work on the Focke Wulf there mate. Welcome to the forum.
You know, sometimes I'm getting the impression that I'm the only one on this forum who build models in 1/72 scale.

Good work on the Focke Wulf there mate. Welcome to the forum.
You know, sometimes I'm getting the impression that I'm the only one on this forum who build models in 1/72 scale.

Hey mate ,you are not alone.8)

Thank you all for your kind words and welcome.

Because you've been so nice I thought you may like to see tw more shots of my 190.

Attachments

• resized WULF 2.jpg
    resized WULF 2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 166
  • resized WULF 6.jpg
    resized WULF 6.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 157
Very nice mate especially like the "sepia" shot, and a warm welcome from the UK.

Flexi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back