1/48 Scale Junkers Ju87R-2 Stuka

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Progress is slow, other tasks had been detailed but as you can see, some advancement has been made with seating.

I'm also working on the side walls but I'm not happy with the two moulded magazines on the starboard wall and will strip these off and replace them.

A little extra work is also needed on the port side, a bit of wiring maybe, not too much I don't want to overburden it.

I think my tiny leavers came out well, but of a pain in the *** but worth it.

Many thanks for dropping by folk. Its been a day of fiddling with little things.

1st as mentioned before I don't like the moulded magazines on the gunners side wall, so they have been removed but rather than fiddle with cutting them back, I just cut out the side wall bars and inserted new ones. I now just have to wait until my new resin magazines arrive.

Next I tackled the wiring on the port side cockpit wall, just a couple of strands and a few little clips to hold them in place.

And last of all for the day, some foot restraining straps on the rudder control bars.

Beautiful kit! I bought that with the intention of making it an Italian aircraft. I will be watching your build closely. Your steps and tips will be very informative. I have read in a couple of different books that the snake is only on one side.

Beautiful kit! I bought that with the intention of making it an Italian aircraft. I will be watching your build closely. Your steps and tips will be very informative. I have read in a couple of different books that the snake is only on one side.
Thanks for the comments my friend, very much appreciated. As yet I'm unsure about the snake on this model as I cannot find any definitive evidence that T6+AN actually had the snake, all the pics I have found were taken from the starboard side and one would have thought that if a snake was on the port, then this would be the side to capture.

So onward and my thanks to all you guys who pop in for a quick look. Today I tackled the wing gun bay, trying to spruce it up a little.

There was not a lot to play with but I just wanted to make what would be seen when the panel was lifted, a little more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread