1/48 Scale Junkers Ju87R-2 Stuka (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What? The Veggimite sandwich?
Not quite a Vegemite sandwich, but its better on toast.

DSCN8762.JPG

DSCN8763.JPG

😂

😂

I was reading today and ran across this. It wasn't related to what I was looking for, but I figured I would post it for you. The information is from Osprey Combat Aircraft Junkers Ju-87 Stukageschwader of North Africa and the Mediterranean (1998).

Attachments

•  Chapter 4, page 58 Osprey Junkers Ju-87 Stukageschwader (1998).png
    Chapter 4, page 58 Osprey Junkers Ju-87 Stukageschwader (1998).png
    252.1 KB · Views: 27
  •  Chapter 4, page 71 Osprey Junkers Ju-87 Stukageschwader (1998).png
    Chapter 4, page 71 Osprey Junkers Ju-87 Stukageschwader (1998).png
    194.4 KB · Views: 29
Many thanks sir for your thoughts. There is no dispute that Polz did have the snake at least on the port side, but the aircraft I'm depicting is T6+AN and at the moment the pilot is unknown though some say it could have been Polz. :D

While looking for freebies to add to my digital library, I ran across this. I don't know if it fact based, but it's in Russian (reading it is not one of my skills :(). It shows the other Stuka Ju-87.

Attachments

• Russian publication 1.png
    Russian publication 1.png
    234.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Russian publication 3.png
    Russian publication 3.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Russian publication 6.png
    Russian publication 6.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Russian publication 7.png
    Russian publication 7.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Russian publication 4.png
    Russian publication 4.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 33
While looking for freebies to add to my digital library, I ran across this. I don't know if it fact based, but it's in Russian (reading it is not one of my skills :(). It shows the other Stuka Ju-87.

Although the text in the last pic is really in Russian but the cardboard model is the Polish one released by the GPM years ago. I wouldn't follow that as the example for painting because there could be mistakes. It is better to use pictures .

ju87r-2hubertplz6stg2tmimilibiaver1-jpg.jpg

ju87r-2hubertplz6stg2tmimilibiav-2-jpg.jpg

ju87r-2t6an5stg2libiasep1941-jpg.jpg

ju87r-2tropt6dphubertplz6stg2libia1-jpg.jpg

the source: JU-82B-2 SNAKE MARKING and the net.

So am still not convinced my T6+AN should have a snake. :D

Here is a sequence of screen shots showing the "AN" Stuka. Please note the different lauout of the snake patches of the art. Also please note that the kite had the white band on the fuselage where the LW cross was applied while the "BP" didn't. The code 'AN" also can be seen although its top part only .

EagleCals EC 143 Stukas Vol I (4).jpg

EagleCals EC 143 Stukas Vol I (3).jpg

EagleCals EC 143 Stukas Vol I (2).jpg

EagleCals EC 143 Stukas Vol I (1).jpg

EagleCals EC 143 Stukas Vol I (5).jpg

Thank you Wojtek my friend, I can honestly say that I had not seen these last two photos which do indicate that AN did have a snake. :D

Thank you Wojtek my friend, I can honestly say that I had not seen these last two photos which do indicate that AN did have a snake. :D

My pleasure, Pal. Additionally please make a focus on the spinner. The "BP" had it in two colours basicly while the "AN" had the thin white strip between the two colours for the spinner. The same white strip can be also noticed on the spinner of the another Ju-87 flying next to..

Thanks again. I was looking at the spinners in some earlier pics and was trying to work out if a Stuka in the background was my machine by looking at them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back