1/48 Scale Junkers Ju87R-2 Stuka

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is a sequence of screen shots showing the "AN" Stuka. Please note the different lauout of the snake patches of the art. Also please note that the kite had the white band on the fuselage where the LW cross was applied while the "BP" didn't. The code 'AN" also can be seen although its top part only .

View attachment 680305

View attachment 680306

View attachment 680307

View attachment 680308

View attachment 680309
These are stills from a wochenschau episode i believe. I have a lot of them. If i find it i will post it if there is conlusion in it about the code.

Many thanks "Honourably Banned", I did trolled through your Stuka thread searching for references to my build, but had no luck, but then again I could have missed them. :D

Thanks for all the help guy, you really are an amazing bunch of people. :D

Made some headway today and managed to sew up the two halves. Not much in the way of problems though it was a bit of a squeeze getting all that extra equipment into the cockpit.

20220804 1.JPG

20220804 2.JPG

I have to say that my little knobs look pretty damn good in this next shot.

20220804 3.JPG

Because I want to use a real looking brass gun in the wing, I had to run a bit roughshod over a part of the kit, but you guys aren't going to see this once she is all closed up.

20220804 4.JPG

That's it from me today folks, its been as wet as hell here all day and its still chucking it down. :D

Thanks you Guys, your all perfect Gentlemen.

Checking some minor detail on this kit and would you believe the wing nav lights have been completely forgotten. I also then checked the tail nav light and had I blinked I recon I would have missed it. So a bit of improvisation was required.

The pimple on a pumpkin tail light.
20220805 2.JPG

Starting to fix the wingtip lights.
20220805 1.JPG

Three new lights readied for test fit. The heat against a plastic strip trick.
20220805 3.JPG

New lights test fitted which will be inserted towards the end of the build.
20220805 4.JPG

20220805 5.JPG

Thanks for dropping by folks. :D

Nice catch and a good fix. I might have used stretched clear sprue but that would take several tries to get the right shape.

Thanks for all your "Likes" and such folks and a big thanks foir your support. Good progress today, I now have something resembling and airplane.

20220806 1.JPG

20220806 2.JPG

I came across another minor anomaly with this kit today. The kit has very nice light recessed panel lines with the exception of the lower leg and wheel spats where for some reason they are raised. An Airfix oversight maybe.

My thanks to all you silent and inquisitive guy for just taking the time to pop in for a quick squint. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back