1/48 Scale Junkers Ju87R-2 Stuka (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Andy.

Made a little bit of headway this afternoon. Engine is fitted, wheels are on and a couple of other bits added as well.

20220822 1.JPG

20220822 2.JPG

20220822 3.JPG

20220822 4.JPG

Also took time out to start the aerial wire, what you see is the bit that will fit on the tail fin, its a Bobby's Buckle a bit of tubing and some copper wire that's wrapped around silver tread.

20220822 5.JPG

:D

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe the German paint was strong, but working in a very sandy aera, I would expect some more paintproblems on the wheelcaps, front of the wing and front of the rudder, also the step-ins

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe the German paint was strong, but working in a very sandy aera, I would expect some more paintproblems on the wheelcaps, front of the wing and front of the rudder, also the step-ins
In theory I would agree with you Bert but having checked out a number of North Africa Stuka pics I found that damage to leading edges and wheel spats quite minimal. The aircraft in question did have three coats of cammo paint, the latter (sand colour) being added locally and possibly with a paint brush. Hence, I believe it would have been a thicker coating than the initial factory spray. Judge for yourself.....................................

Stuka 1.jpg

Stuka 2.jpg

Stuka 5.jpg

Stuka 6.jpg

Source: Internet.
I am also a firm believer that when modelling a scaled down area of damage, we need to be a little less boisterous in our efforts, weathering can be so easily overdone.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back