1/48 Tamiya F4U-1/2 Corsair (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys! I might be able to get some pictures up later, I'm not sure. Basic construction is finished, minus the canopy and propeller, and I'm going to start decals in the morning.

And good to see you back Wojtek!

THX.I'm glad of being again here as well.:D :D :D A hospital it is not a place for such aviation fans like we are.Although I took with me some books about Bf 109T,P51 and Me 262 I was bored mostly.:D

Wurger: No, it certainly isn't, but I'm glad you had some reading material!

Interesting mate, you paint the large parts individually,too, before assembly?

Congratulations on the graduation too!

Thank you! And yes I do, it's much easier than trying to tape stuff off at the end. With single colour planes (like later war Corsairs) I build, then paint.

Most of the decals are on, I'll need to adjust the flag on the tail before I put it on, but I don't feel like fighint with it right now. I used some old C-47 roundels, some Tiger I numbers I believe, and then the rest are kit. It's not really completely accurate, but it's close, and it's what I could scrounge. Sadly the roundels have some white around the edges, but I can't really fix that now. All in all, I think it turned out pretty well.

Corsair011.jpg

Corsair013.jpg

There's one more, but it's not uploading for some reason...

Well guys, she's completed! It was a great build, went together without a hitch, and I'd certainly build that kit again! There were 3 others at the store...

I'm sad to see her go, but I think my teacher will love it! Probably the best end result of a model I've ever gotten. Oh and Les, when I took the picture of the bottom, I realized I forgot to stress her!

Corsair016.jpg

Corsair017.jpg

And my favorite view of the Corsair:

Corsair014.jpg

Thanks for the comments and looking guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back