1/48th scale Hurricane MkIIc, 136 Sqn, India, 1943.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much Peter, it's very much appreciated.
I enjoyed doing this one, although near the end there were some darned awkward bits, and a couple of times I thought I was going to mess it up.

Lovely build Terry and a great finish with a really impressive diorama, well worth the spilt blood - and I see you're already planning your entries for the next Group Build. You must have a Ford style production line going in your hangar!

What else can we add Terry - Its stunning, mind-blowing generally a work of pure art!!
Just fabulous Terry
Barbara Max

Thanks very much Max and Barbara - I'm relieved that you like it, and I'll be even more relieved when I get it to you in one piece on Thursday !!

Thanks a lot Cory and Andy. Have to admit though, I provided the basic materials, and the first cuts, but a mate did the final trim of the base for me - as he still has my mitre box !!

Thanks very much indeed chaps. I'm happy to report that it has now been safely delivered to Max and Barbara - after 10 hours on the road !

Thanks John. Next is the Bf109F for the Group Build, and another Spitfire, this time the MkVc flown by BoB Cross, for Barbara's brother. Then I hope to finish a couple of dioramas, and maybe start on a 1/48th RAF Mitchell III ..... someday !

Hi Guys
Just to complete this one.Barbara and I pickedup the Hurricane model from Terry last week spent a great time with him at Bottisham Duxford - nothing like having a personal guide as knowledgeable as T!!
The model is just stunning - I think that all the superlatives have already been used by you chaps but it really is a piece of art.
I have sent Terry a few pics of the Spit Hurri together (please excuse my amateurish photography!) so that he can post them on here as I am not too sure how to do it!!!.
The two models are a fabulous tribute to Bob in turn all the other blokes who sacrificed so much for us in that forgotten war.
Terry our heartfelt thanks for your brilliant work - bring on the MkV!!
Max Barbara
x1000

Thanks very much Max and Barbara. I'm pleased (and relieved) that they meet expectations!
Here's the pics Max sent me.

Attachments

• IMG_2871.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2872.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2876.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 51

Users who are viewing this thread