1/72 Academy 2 1/2 Ton Truck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wingnutz

Airman 1st Class
Apr 20, 2007
Singapore
Here's my latest braille build intended to complement my WW2 aircraft builds.

Colors are done with Mr Hobby acrylics and finished with Mr Hobby Weathering pastels. Basically OOB except the addition of the windshield wipers, done with stretched sprue.

The kit details are fantastic for this scale, plus the kit comes with a lot of accessories as well, like drums, fuel containers, .30 cal and .50 cal guns and accessories.

6x6nameplate_01copy.jpg

6x6_01.jpg

6x6_03.jpg

6x6_09.gif

6x6_10.jpg

6x6_11.jpg

6x6_14.jpg

6x6_15.jpg

More pictures in this link...

Very nice work mate! Like the effect of the front wheels - is that a feature of the kit, or did you modify the axle?

thanks folks...

sawed off the axle halfway, then coaxed it to turn right, then a dab of CA glue + accelerator, and voila!!!

turning the front wheels do add more character and dynamics to the finished kit...

Crazy... looks almost real. How did you do the thing with the windscreen wipers?

the wipers were stretched sprue in thin lengths, cut to size, glued to each other, then attached with CA glue...

the dusty windscreen wiper effect was done with tamiya masking tape cut in a circle to size, then a quarter, stuck on the windscreen as a mask, and then sprayed some flat coat over, and a wee bit of dusting og light grey pastel...and voila!!!

Wow! I've got that in the model box. Makes me want to give it a go. I've only done maybe a handful of 1/72nd kits that weren't aicraft. Think I'll wait until your kit fades in everyone's mind first though, so I don't have such a good benchmark to be judged upon. :toothy5:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back