1/72 Academy P-40N KNIL markings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ruud

Airman 1st Class
Apr 1, 2010
So i've managed to finish one kit this year... meager but it is better than none.

P-40Nrs_zps88800119.jpg

P-40Nls_zps8dbbeb97.jpg

The kit was fine. My work on it was less than perfect. I got the kit at one of our shows from Greg Schell (who passed away earlier this year at a much too young of an age). It included the TD cockpit. This was my first attempt at a full resin cockpit and that went alright. With the Academy clear parts being as thin and nice as they are, it felt like the right kit to put resin into. After a bit of Mr Surfacer i used some Lacquer thinner to clean off the excess. But since i did not have the plastic under a primer, the plastic really suffered. Thus i shelved the kit for over a year. Brought it out this fall and cleaned up the fuselage. I used Dutch Decals and Tally Ho Decals (the older company). Two of the DD's split upon me applying them (the buffalo head and one of the Bs). The THD were very thick. It took a lot of layers of future to get them blended into the finish. I tried to really weather it up. It does not show that so well in the pictures. Now on to see if i can finish my HAF F-4E.

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back