1/72 Academy P47 Thundabolt!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mag I have the same problem in my garage. I've taken to blowing "the dust" with my compressor prior to any airbrushing. ESPECIALLY Future. And I ALWAYS put a clean box over the top.

Looks nice man. I haven't taken the Allclad challenge. Airframes has a great tutorial for metal finishes. But I'm gonna start slow. I'm leary of all that effort followed with a Future finish will only result in a dull look anyway.

Your thoughts?

Funny thing is I sprayed a 'Flat Coat" microscale product over the entire plane for the decals and it still is shiny (Was thinned with water in the cup).

Everyone says they see no difference between Alclad and other metalizers but I love the dry time of Lacquer since i'm a fast modeler. By the time you put on a coat of it and set down the airbrush its dry, which can be good or bad. I say go for it man, I just bought some and put it in and sprayed. The site says you need a certain PSI but I don't even have a regulator on my airbrush, I just know the right pressure to put on my trigger after playing with it. If you prep your surface correctly you should have a beautiful layer that looks realistic, with this P47 I didnt double check my seams or clean the model so I had to sand a lot after spraying the alclad since NMFs reveal every problem on the surface. I am probably going to move my spray booth outside, garage just has nasty dust and particles. I did order "Chrome" for the B17 and that requires the glossy black undercoat, normal colors don't which is nice. I'm sure if you try it you will be pleased with its realism and durability (You can basically scratch the surface and the paint wont lift, cant say that about other metalizers!)

Hope this helps Matt, be sure to buy their Airbrush cleaner also.. Like $4 for 4 oz jar.

Also this is where I buy my Alclad, only place I could find with the best price for the stuff, they also have a great rare selection of many kits which some have a little mark-up on price from other sites. They one time missed something in my order and I ended up getting like 2 free products because they didn't even know what they sent me, haha!

Alclad II lacquers for Airbrushing Only! - ALC01

:lol::lol: Sorry but it was the perfect situation for it, as I didn't know a 'Wurger' was a type of plane, I only knew it to be a Wojtek!

So should I double the width of the pics or what? :lol:

Ok, OK... I'll be keeping my eye on you. ;)

Concerning the pic size , yes you should .Did you use the Irfanview for resizing? If yes you should mark the square in the section of the resizing requester window which is pointing with the red arrow before you write the new pic width in the place showing with the yellow arrow and clikck OK button at the bottom of the requester.

Attachments

• resizing.jpg
    resizing.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread

Back