1/72 FGR.2 British Phantom-Fujimi

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vandee

Senior Airman
Aug 21, 2019
I wasn't going to start this until I found a closed canopy, I thought the kit's was never shipped. I was cleaning
up around my area and found a canopy on the rug. I looked at it and thought it was from a Hornet kit. I looked
twice and it was a closed Phantom canopy! I have no idea how it got on the rug, must have fallen out when I
originally opened the shipping box. I also am waiting on the CF-188 replacement coming in the mail next week.
I ordered Xtradecals sheet for RAF Phantoms FGR.1 and FGR.2 Pt 5. I am going to do an all grey plane with the
RWR and ILS antennas on the tail. The kit has the ILS antenna but I will scratch build a RWR antenna for the fin top.
I have the cockpit tub painted and just put the decals on and set them with Solvaset. I also started work on one
of the ejection seats.- John
F4M 1.JPG

F4M 2.JPG

F4M 3.JPG

Here's the ILS antenna. I originally had no idea what it was. Fujimi said it was item 47, not used. I
was originally going to scratch this "wing" and RWR antenna. I found out it was the ILS antenna and
noticed the blanked out slots in the tail. After a little detective work I was told what it was and it does
not apply to my kit, my decals don't use it. Sure wish they had given me the RWR extra too.- John
F4M 4.JPG

Thanks, one seat done. I also am amazed at how the Solvaset forms the decals
into the raised details of the cockpit. It's a shame the decals are inaccurate, I believe
they are actually USAF Phantom decals as the USN were totally different in the
rear cockpit as were the FGR.2s.- John
F4M 7.JPG

F4M 5.JPG

F4M 6.JPG

Thanks, I have the cockpit installed and weight added to the nose. I removed the
pitot tubes off the tail leading edge for now. I also added some .020" plastic card
stock to the tail to scratch build the RWR. It is still in it's early stages, needs more
filling, putty and shaping. The ILS antenna is also installed.- John
F4M 8.JPG

The decals arrived today. I am using the 92 Sq. markings from the German air base in overall grey.- John
F4M 9.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back