1/72 Hasegawa HAF F-4E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ruud

Airman 1st Class
Apr 1, 2010
Just under the wire, i have finished my HAF F-4E. Okay, there are a few little touch ups were and there to be done still...

She started out as a IDF/AF, then i changed to the HAF Aegean Blue scheme. I saw a picture of one with the Dart and that hooked me. The HAF stuff is usually heavily weathered. Flying through polution and in the sea air will do that. These "new" releases of kits from the 90's are really getting worn out. The panel lines fade out here and there, there is flash, etc. If i build another Hasegawa F-4, i'll look for an old boxing at a show.

HAFF-4ELSF_zpsfef7a5b4.jpg

HAFF-4ELSB_zpsbfdad482.jpg

HAFF-4Etop_zpse72e9da0.jpg

I know this is WWII aircraft, but i complete so few kits in a year (2 each of the last 2 years) that i thought i'd share it :)

Thanks for the compliments!

I know this is WWII aircraft, but i complete so few kits in a year (2 each of the last 2 years) that i thought i'd share it :)
Thanks for the compliments!

Very nice work! I'm currently working on a 1/32 scale F4E with markings from the USAF F4E squadron I was assigned to in the early '70s. I really like the target "dart" that yours is carrying. For any who don't know what that is, a "tow" plane would carry and release the dart on a very long towline and other a/c would perform air-to-air target practice on it with their M60 gatling guns. At the end of the mission, the tow plane would fly back over the field and drop the dart. The squadron would then look at it to see how accurate their shooting was (how full of holes it was). Our darts were metallic silver-foil over a tough styrofoam/wood frame (to be visible on radar).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back