1/72 Henschel 126 by Matchbox

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fastmongrel

1st Sergeant
May 28, 2009
Lancashire
I fancied something simple and easy to throw together after a few shall we say less kits and more aids to scratch building. This is a genuine made in England kit not the later nasty made in China out of recycled milk jugs kits. You can see why modellers loved them when they first came out as unlike Airfix and Heller they fitted together.

Everything looks clean and flash free with no sinkholes or short moulded parts. The cockpit canopy is a bit chunky but the edges should look better after an attack with a scalpel.

The classic Matchbox plastic. The Bf 109E is moulded of the brown and yellow one as it was going to be the Trop variant.

Nice one.
Matchbox made a heck of a range of kits back in the 1970's / 1980's and, for the time, they were very good indeed.

The bigger Orange label kits were superb and went together really well compared to Airfix which needed lots of filler. If you wanted more details it was easy to add interiors because there were no big intrusions into the cockpits that needed hacking away before you could fit seats and controls. I remember one kit that had a gimmicky folding undercarriage and the cockpit was filled with the hinges needed for the unrealistic out of scale nose gear.

I have decided to paint it desert sand with dunkelgrun squiggles. What RLM number would desert sand be I know nothing about LW North Africa colours. I think it might be RLM 79.

Users who are viewing this thread