1/72 LANCASTER B.III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

13 days later and I finally finished the masking and painted the green. I started to remove the tape and then remembered I didn't take a photo of my masking nightmare...

002.JPG

I say nightmare as this wasn't how I wanted to do it. The original plan was to enlarge the Airfix painting diagrams, cut them out accordingly and then lay them on the model. While I got them to enlarge OK on the computer, when I printed them out, no matter what I did, the copies always came out way too large. After 10-12 attempts, I gave up. I used Tamiya tape to lay out the initial design. Keep in mind that the camo scheme is much more curvier than this but there is no way I was going to accomplish this....yet. So far no bleed under but a wee bit of over spray well away from the demarcations. Also, no paint has lifted yet so anything you may have read about how crappy Vallejo primer is may well just be someone who never followed the directions correctly

Have you checked on the graphic program and the printer seetings for the measurement? If these were different , no matter you couldn't print the camo diagram in the correct scale.

But she looks good though although these camo spots seem to look a little bit strange comparing to ones I have seen so far.

Totally agree with you about the camo pattern Wojtek but not yet skilled enough to do all curves. I'm lucky I got it this far. One day but today is not that day. All the tape is off and just a few touch ups. I'll let it sit for a while and then do the black.

003.JPG
005.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back