1/72 LANCASTER B.III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep. Surprised that Airfix didn't at least provide a scribed outline, on the fuselage, to help align the "Taboo Track" fairing.

As you said, you presented several challenges kit; but you've been beating them well :salute:. I will follow your progress closely.

There is much to keep learning and enjoying your work and interventions of colleagues.
Best regards. :blob8:
Luis Carlos

Thanks gents. After a brief moment of panic, I got my computer to read my SD card again. Anyhoo....I keep finding things to install before painting. I figured that I would damage the paint if I installed the landing gear later so I've started doing so. The main part of the gear should have been installed through the top of the nacelle but with some finagling, it can be installed from the bottom. There are 4 parts to the gear requiring 3 hands to install.

005.JPG

It's hard to see in the photo but the cross members(?) need to be attached in 3 places in Step 60.

009.JPG

Success...

007.jpg

Letting the one side set up before attempting the other.

Geo

Thanks all. I've been busy transferring everything from my cubby hole to a much larger room. Cable guy is coming in the next few days to run some cable and when that's done I can set everything up and practice airbrushing.

Thanks Andy. Primer and first coat is on. Of course I missed a few spots and will touch up shortly.

001.JPG

Following the mixing advice listed above, this is so far, my best effort, not one run or spatter. My big problem right now is I tend to move the airbrush closer and closer to the model as I spray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back