1/72 P-51 Mustang by Italeri

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RAF Liberators

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2009
Englishman in NZ
www.rafb24.com
I thought I'd have a wee play with something small (no rude comments please). I got this from the kids on father's day so I thought I'd throw it together. This is the first 1/72 kit I've made for about 10 years, it's a bit small to include the normal stuff I like to add but it's not bad.
I was quite impressed with the quality of the kit, it's an Italeri job and it's certainly of a better quality than I remember.
I had it done over the weekend, much to the kids delight.

Picture 025_2.jpg

Picture 028_2.jpg

Picture 031_2.jpg

Picture 034_2.jpg

Picture 037.jpg

Picture 043.jpg

Picture 046.jpg

Picture 049.jpg

Picture 052.jpg

The pictures are a bit dark, I was playing with the white balance again :shrug:

So now all is clear.:lol:

Anyway well done :thumbright: and glad to see a such nice P-51 model. The weathering looks great .However the effect on the port side aileron is a little bit exaggerated I think. Don't get me wrong please, simply just for future projects, these ailerons of the Mustang I were covered with canvas.However I don't remember if these were aluminium ( silver) painted.:oops:

Gary, as the background, and the overall colour balance looks ok in your pics on my monitor, I don't think you need to adjust the white balance. I think it just needs a touch more light, if you're using artificial light. They don't look that dark BTW.

I agree with Airframes' post. Much light and all will be fine.

Attachments

• P-51 Mustang I.jpg
    P-51 Mustang I.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 152
these ailerons of the Mustang I were covered with canvas
They were? Bugger I thought they were an all aluminium skin, it was a pull up from the tape, I thought about repainting it but it was enamel and the drying time with the oil wash etc so I just thought it's flak damage...
I use an aluminium basecoat on all my aircraft models, then if I get any unwanted chpis or nicks during handling it all adds to the effect. I'll have to mask it off and respray/coat with Klear/wash/coat with Klear/weathe/Spray with Dullcoat that aileron again. But it's worth it with a blunder like that, will also finish the cannon barrels.

Oh...don't do it I mean the repainting. Leave it please.Add these berrels and all will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back