1:72 scale Revell Arado Ar 234

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So the War Dept asks me " what are you doing, you look like your doing brain surgery or something?" Do I look like I'm building models aboard my multi million dollar yacht ? No I'm building a miniature Arado cockpit. Then there's " that look" married guys know it ! Anyways, here are some latest pictures. Control column, pedals and instrument gauges and so on all together. Next step is forming a new glazing with my home made vacu-form melt a lot of plastic before you get the right shape set up. At least I know why my eye sight is going bum hooley !

Attachments

• 46r.jpg
    46r.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 47r.jpg
    47r.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 55r.jpg
    55r.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 58r.jpg
    58r.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 59r.jpg
    59r.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 61r.jpg
    61r.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 64r.jpg
    64r.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 154
Awesome scratch and paint job Graham.
The rings of the dials in the IP, are metallic?, how did you do them? The best I've seen in 1/72 cockpits !!

Felicidades y saludos :thumbup:

Really excellent work, and more so in that small scale.
These make a huge difference when doing such small work - two main lenses, the second being 'flip down' for extra magnification, plus the 'loupe', for really close work.
Don't know how I've managed without them for so many years !

Buys 477.JPG
Buys 479.JPG

Yeah, I rarely use the loupe - only when I want to check on something really close, and frighten the cr@p out of myself !!
Fortunately, the loupe swings upwards, out of the way, so I can leave it attached in case I do need to use it.

I have a magnifying glass attached to my light on a bendy thing to see up close and a pair of those cheap 30x readers. The rings on the gauges are very fine wire from a computer, about the size of a hair. Then I wind them around very small drill bits and make drop rings from them with an exacto knife. Then it's just a matter of gluing them down.

Wow, very nice work in any scale Graham. I can't remember the last time I saw a penny
I have tons of them, The War dept uses them, you should see the look on some peoples faces when she pays in cash down to the penny, gotta get rid of them some how. When you think of it, you need a dozen washers for something ? Drill holes in some pennies, a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a pack of 12 at the hardware store ! And they don't rust !

So here we go towards completion. I cut the rudder and elevators off to pose them. Then I had to deal with the balance dealys and make them look a bit better than just brutally thick ( thanks for the pictures rudolph 1951). I also melted up a ton of plastic trying to make the glazing in one piece. No matter what I did I always got a crease some where so I ended up making it in two pieces. It's all masked up and painted but I have a sneaky suspicion I flubbed it, won't know till I peel off all the masking. It's kind of like a little mini Christmas thing, you think your getting anew airbrush but you know it's probably socks !

Attachments

• 67r.jpg
    67r.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 68r.jpg
    68r.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 69r.jpg
    69r.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 73r.jpg
    73r.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 74r.jpg
    74r.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 80r.jpg
    80r.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 66r.jpg
    66r.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 153
Very good work, ... in the scale you are working on, the results that can be seen, are far superior to what can be expected !!, you are doing it well and it is worth the effort.

Saludos desde Cd. de México :thumbup:
Luiis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back