1:72 scale Revell Arado Ar 234

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That interior of the cabin seems to be a very well achieved set. :thumbright:

The advantage is that the weather will allow you to make it bearable with your project. Here in Mexico City it was very rare to see snow. The only time I had to see snow in my city, was in 1967. The people of the city enjoy when it snows in the mountains around the Valley of Mexico and at the beginning of February of this year they snowed 20 cms. of snow ... and people got excited.
We are far away and inexperienced to know the winter as many of you. Although there are places in the country where the winter weather and low temperatures are very difficult.

That the inclemencies of the climate are passable to you and I look forward to the next step in your bird.

Saludos :thumbup:

I would imagine snow in Mexico City is much the same as snow in Vancouver. We don't get it often, when we do no one has snow tires. As soon as we get a few inches all the people with front wheel drive think they're OK to drive in it until their front tires spin turning their car into a one ton hockey puck which turns traffic into a giant pooch poke !! Meanwhile not having to commute anymore I hide in my man cave and laugh ! A couple of progress pictures. I made some slightly more realistic intakes for the engines and painted the back half of the cockpit. Currently it's now raining here again but we're being threatened with more snow towards the end of the week.

Attachments

• 17r.jpg
    17r.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 18r.jpg
    18r.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 29r.jpg
    29r.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 162
Good thing you can stay in your cave. To enjoy your bird and "some housework" and to be happy to the lady.
Saludos lluviosos y nevados con cariño :thumbup:

A strong greeting and encouragement to our friends with heavy snowfalls; mainly for those in Europe and Asia, that this crazy weather allows to all, be well and safe.
They are my thoughts and prayers.
Cuídense mucho y saludos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

A few progress pictures of the front office. I have yet to make the control column and rudder pedals and instrument panel. I'm making a vacu formed glazing and trying to figure out how to put it all together. In the mean time I have a question I hope some one can steer me in the right direction. The elevator and rudder controls look like they use some sort of quadrant. My thoughts are it would be a gear driven one with the gear inside the tail plane or rudder. I know several Luftwaffe planes have this system. Just how exactly does it work ? I want the elevators to be pointing down so it would seem to me more of the quadrant would be visible on top and less on bottom if it's driven by a gear inside ???

Attachments

• 32r.jpg
    32r.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 35r.jpg
    35r.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 39r.jpg
    39r.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 137
I also do not know the answer :dontknow:, but surely someone can instruct us and learn something new. :idea:
I really like how it is inside that "front office".
Have an excellent week. :thumbup:

It turns out they are not controls but referred to as "rudder balance" and "elevator balance", no idea how they work but at least I have a better idea how they should work. The ones in the kit are ridiculous !

Attachments

• cutaway.jpg
    cutaway.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 96
  • tailcontrol.jpg
    tailcontrol.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 99
Don't know for sure but I suspect they are some type of mass balance to assist with elevator and rudder control.

Great looking pit, especially at that scale.

That's a great picture thanks ! Do you happen to know which part moves and which is stationary ? The curved piece looks like it's fixed and the link to the rudder slides back and forth inside the curved piece, or the curved piece and the straight piece are fixed and the curved piece slides back and forth through the fin ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back