1/72 Super Connie HARS Livery

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's the prop as supplied in the Revell/Monogram 1/48th scale B-24 kit, and they're identical to those in the B-17 kit.
The blades measure 32 mm from tip to hub collar, with a maximum chord width of 6.5mm.
I haven't seen any resin props for the B-24, but I think there are some for the B-17.

Attachments

• Can Jan 771.jpg
    Can Jan 771.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 99
Attaboy.
Now thems is more like it.
I'll have to look for some.

Finished the second red lantern this a.m.
Got the pan shaped and attached.
Trying to shape and blend in the engine mounts that are part of the wings, verrrry ruff and a lot of work!

Had to clean off my "bench" on the dining table, full of dust and shavings.

***Ultracast makes B-24's at 1/48th, $16.95 CAN. for a pair. Will have to find out if I have a budget for this one.
Fisher makes a whole conversion to military, blades, whole cowlings, wheels..... $45.00 US.

Last edited:
I'm shooting for someone at HARS to let me get the Fisher kit, since they haven't had to Pay for any of the three kits I am building now.

I have been pecking away at some of the little things I am doing to the plane, and some rather obvious stuff. Like the placement of the port side passenger door. A rail under the door on the outside of the fuselage, for what I have no idea. Two square holes at the port side, under the forward cargo door, another question mark? The console for the flight engineer, who will see it? She asks. And the fairings on the horizontal stab, whot the???? A pile of bondo for That one.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• Connie S2F - 10e.jpg
    Connie S2F - 10e.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Connie S2F - 10d.jpg
    Connie S2F - 10d.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Connie S2F - 10c.jpg
    Connie S2F - 10c.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Connie S2F - 10b.jpg
    Connie S2F - 10b.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Connie S2F - 10a.jpg
    Connie S2F - 10a.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 140
***And wouldn't you know it, the blades have been right under our collective noses.......
They are The cuffless P-51 blades!!!!!! Like the Ultracast 48138 blades!!!!! Sh!t expensive for a set of them tho. I doubt if we can come up with three four blade props in here! I'll have to see if I can come up with one set, mold and cast my own blades.

I've sent off a note to Fisher Parts asking if they are working on the mil conversion of the cowls, blades and wheels. I just hope they are, as rumor has it.

Update;
The bar along the aft Is a stiffener below the cargo door. The main passenger door is within the big Cargo door which hinges above.
The square holes are for some kind of cabin pressure equalizer system.

Most of the airworthy HARS aircraft will be doing a flyover during the Sydney Harbour festivities this Saturday. Connie, Caribou, Catalina.

I sailor on.

Last edited:
I guess you would think eh?

Been finishing off the 747 for the Pres and some on the biga$$ 707 refurbishment.

I've stalled a bit because of the next mod I have to do. The horizontal stabs fairings is gonna take more putty then I thought. As you can see, the comparison shows the fairing almost flat along the top of the fuselage. The kit falls a little short. So I'm putting it off as long as I can. Gotta get back on it tho.

View attachment 244986
Connie S2F - 10b.jpg

Attachments

• Connie  - 11.jpg
    Connie - 11.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 103
I'm puttin in an order for the engine prop update kit from Fisher today. He lives up in an area of California just North of where I lived for a while. I'm looking forward to getting it. I have been given tho okay to purchase the mod kit.

Bathurst races, football, F1, too many things to distract me on TV!

The Connie ..the most beautifull airliner ever...I visited the cockpit when 4 years old on a flight with KLM...I was so impressed...that is why I am where I am today..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back