1/72 Super Connie HARS Livery

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Does to me too!!!!!! Paul, shame on you.

On a brighter note, the wings are comin along. I've applied my Bondo from the tube with a sculptors wooden tool into the small crazing lines. When dry I'll block sand it down and maybe get a chance to start painting them silver.

Then, oh boy, the fuselage. I haven't posted detail pictures of the fuselage yet. The tail is good, but the rest is gonna be a big a$$ headache.

Attachments

• 707-11.jpg
    707-11.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 111
Thanks for that, both of you.

I'm finishing up the wing for the Connie, smoothing joins, fixing misalignments and stuff.

I have found if I have a bit of baking soda at the ready on a small pallet knife, then flood a hole with this CA and tip the BS on the top and press it in lightly with my finger tip it will set quick and fill. Sanding can be done in about 15 min time.

Give it a test, see how it goes for you, and let me know.

Been slacking on everything with Annie on sghool holidays.
Managed to get back in the groove last night and this a.m. and have severed the control surfaces from the tail.
Just have to round the backs and make some hinges then on to the ailerons and flaps.

Attachments

• Connie S2F - 12.jpg
    Connie S2F - 12.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 96
And this is why major decisions should be made Before gluing the wing pieces together!
Because it was decided by others to have these planes in flight, and mine to have flaps down........... I've had to hog the kit "flaps" off the wings to insert the flap parts of the 60 dollar update kit. Now I have to repair the too big hole around the resin insert and the trailing edge of the wing at the flaps. Not to mention cutting out the ailerons!

I blindly sailor on.

Attachments

• Connie S2F - 13a.jpg
    Connie S2F - 13a.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Connie S2F - 13b.jpg
    Connie S2F - 13b.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 96
Beavers............ have you been to the States?

This flat crap is realllllly testing my metal!!!!!!
All the joins in the wing have split!!!

Well,
since we have so much time till GB39!!!!!! is due I had a hankerin to do some work on the Connie.
A bit of, difficult to see cockpit detailing. I'll know it's there.
Little by little.
Connie_S2F_14.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back