10 things...ten minutes!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Grau, it needs to be 0000 very fine steel wool, a fire-stick works better, which is a bar of magnesium from which you can shave filings with a knife, C-4 works best!

shave the bar so that the filings go into a bandana and not onto the ground. you need a small pile for it to work correctly. if your shaving just fling onto the ground they are not condensed enough to stay lit for long. a lot of hand santisers burn, cotton swabs soaked in vaseline, a chunk of old inner tube, and dryer lint (<<< really works well) all do pretty well.

I'm just going to stay put. In the movies nothing exciting ever happens in Iowa, unless you want to play baseball with Shoeless Joe Jackson and a bunch of other dead ball players.

@ Gnomey - you can tell us Brits a mile away, just little tell tale signs

:lol:"Rifle of some description with ammo":lol:

@ Gnomey - you can tell us Brits a mile away, just little tell tale signs

:lol:"Rifle of some description with ammo":lol:

Yeah, :lol: Had a couple in mind but didn't know which one I would take. Wouldn't mind a .275 Magnum elephant rifle but it does have a fair bit of kick, but then again knocks out anything pretty quickly.

surprised no one opted for a stryker 12 guage....strictly for duck hunting of course. i like the one with the m11 underneath...the house cleaner special.

Attachments

• stryker.jpg
    stryker.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 212
Matt, I had an old lee enfield many years ago which i sporterized from the mil version but it was .303 cal.
Gnomey, don't you mean a .475cal for elephant. .275cal maybe at mach 10 muzzle velocity
Bobby, still like my 2-bbl sawed off, there's something about looking down those 2 barrels that loosens every bodily sphincter. just like hearing the snick-snick of a pump shotgun behind you. and 00 buck has a definite inhibitory effect

Matt, I had an old lee enfield many years ago which i sporterized from the mil version but it was .303 cal.
Gnomey, don't you mean a .475cal for elephant. .275cal maybe at mach 10 muzzle velocity
Bobby, still like my 2-bbl sawed off, there's something about looking down those 2 barrels that loosens every bodily sphincter. just like hearing the snick-snick of a pump shotgun behind you. and 00 buck has a definite inhibitory effect

Nope got the numbers wrong. Is a .375 Magnum we used in South Africa as rangers. Some .500's about too. The Rangers in Kruger used to use essentially M14's in the elephant culls. Just headshot elephant with a 7.62 and it goes down. They got a record of 33 elephants in under 5 minutes with this method from a helicopter, similar numbers of buffalo in that space of time as well. Very impressive shooting.

Hmmmm this is a hard one

Working on a few assumptions like I'm the only one around, and I've got to take stuff from the house / shed…..not a wish list from Machine Gun Mart !...and I don't know how long it going t*ts up for.

1. My trainers. They smell sooo bad I'd not have any problem with visiting wildlife looking for an easy meal and they'd put off any tracker dogs !
2. My Irvin flying jacket. Aint nothing keeps you warm like a pukka Irvin.
3. My Wallmart camo PVC cape. $6.00 well spent
4. A wind up torch
5. My .22 air rifle and some pellets….(not allowed a Barratt cos the missus says so !)
6. My look-a-like leatherman. £8.00 and its not let me down yet
7. My Harley bandana….makes me look 'well hard'
8. A box of 'OXO' cubes (for making a gravy to have with the rabbit I shot with air rifle when it came to investigate the stench from my trainers and I dazzled it with my wind up torch while trying to look like Rambo with my bandana on)
9. My WW2 air crew emergency axe
10. A screwdriver

And before I'd leave the house, I'd make sure I'd torch it so no-one can get their hands on my possessions that I've collected over the years…if I cant have them, then no-one else is.

Geedee, #4 confused this colonial for a bit until I saw the UK in your location
#9, let me introduce you to the worlds finest hand weapon, got mine in Vietnam for a 5th of Jack from a signal corps guy who was using it to clear brush
The woodsman's Pal

Attachments

• Woodsman.jpg
    Woodsman.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 170

Users who are viewing this thread

Back