13's....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's another for you Jan - Bf 109F-4 of Lt. Walter Nowotny. Check out the small yellow number within the Grunherz emblem.

Profile by Claes Sundin.

Nice find Igor.

And here something for earlier Bf109 fans. ....

Attachments

• Bf109D white13.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 116
Jan

here is one specially for you
its yellow 13 over trondheim in Norway in 1941. its piloted by Uffz. Kurt Kundrus ( note the external armour windshield and provision for 300 litre droptank ) its painted in RLM 74/75/76
its servicing in 4./JGr Drontheimand has just been delivered from I./JG 77

this is a T-model 109. the enlarged picture in Zip file.

you like ?

Attachments

• Image1a.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Image1.zip
    152.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:
Any ideas what this machine would have looked like, with both A2+NL AND a 13?

Fw Heinz Nitschke, 1/Erg.Zerst.Gr. Värlöse (Aalborg), Bf 110D-2 Werk # 3335 "13" "A2 + NL" (lost, KIC).,

KIC 20 May, 1941 when the AC experienced engine failure and the AC crashed at Signalbakken Hill near the Aalborg airfield, killing Nitschke and his R/O Gefr Albrecht König. Both were buried in the Frederikshavn Cemetery on 24 May, 1941.

Rings a vague bell Jan. I think I might have a pic of this kite. It'll take me bl**dy ages to find it though, as I don't think it's in one of my books, but in either an old magazine, or a scrap book of stuff. can't promise it's the same bird, as I can only visualise the pic, taken outside a hangar which is still on the military side of Aalborg airfield (or was in 1991 anyway!).
I think I have some pics in my 'Danish stuff' of some of this unit's aircraft at Vaerlose too, although it might be a 'still' on a VHS tape.

Beejazus! Giz a bl**dy chance! Have you seen my 'secondary reserve archive' - ah, sorry, I mean the various piles of cr*p spread all over the house? It'll take me ten fortnights to even find a hint of where it might be, never mind find the pic!
I just hope that, when I eventually do find it, it's the right bl**dy kite!!
I can 'see' the pic in my mind's eye, with the 110 in front of the hangar, and a JU52 taking off in the background, with the pic taken from an angle up an access road which today takes you past the perimeter fence, and instead of '110's, you'd see F16's on the pan.

Users who are viewing this thread