13's....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Literally speaking, his life is dependent on hair, as we say in Persian!

This photo left me with 2 questions:

1- Are modern ejection seats able to work in same situation? I know they can work on 0/0 situation, but that's when the plane is horizontal, not vertical. At least on paper, is this "vertical ejection" doable with recent technologies available?

2- IRL, in a situation like this, if things start to get worse, for example, being attacked, is pilot allowed to leave the plane, by any means necessary? Like diving to water or climb the plane?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A question for the old time hotrodders. The third pic down of 13's -- the 55 or 56 Chevy -- Can any one tell why the front spindle, hub and wheel are from a 3/4 ton Chevy pickup?

That was my thought also. Since dirt track is always a counter clockwise turn, it would follow that the right front wheel would have the greatest pressure. Using truck bearings on the right front would give better severe service. Although I had been around dirt track racers in my misspent youth, I have not seen this conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread