Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The year the Pioneer SX-850 came out. The SX line were the coolest looking receivers ever. I have one like this over my modeling bench and just picked up an SX-980 at a garage sale this weekend for $15, but that one wasn't made until '78

Attachments

• 3320378774_c8d5a0d218_z.jpg
    3320378774_c8d5a0d218_z.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 44
Good and bad times, but life was generally simpler, a good thing in my view. Life has gotten much more complicated and faster and people are noticably more impatient and rude for it.
Every time someone complains that the internet uploads slowly, or that someone hasn't replied to their text (SMS) yet, I just think: bugger me, how would this person have survived when there were only public telephone boxes and the only way to get info was by book or microfiche...?

And this is the catch - we were all capable of handling things better then. The more systems in place, the more dependent on them people seem to become. Not a good thing IMO.

Got to agree with Evan. The times I've heard, or seen, someone make a statement along the lines of 'I couldn't find it in Google', or 'It must be in the computer somewhere', as if the only source of information is the 'net !
What happened to getting off their Rs and going to a Library, or doing some hunting for info - or is that too bl**dy easy - or too much like hard work?!
Also, the apparent impatience today, where many want 'bullet point' answers, not having the decency or patience, to read the full details, which, in turn, degrades their own work, for example at school or college, and more so in industry and the commercial world, when only bare bones facts are passed on, distorting the real facts.
Heaven help future generations, who will live like this, and degrade languages evolved over centuries into grunts and 'textese' replies !!
And if they really must use those stupid, pointless, irritating bl**dy abbreviations at the end of sentences, keep then for SMS messages, not everyday use!

Got to agree with Evan. The times I've heard, or seen, someone make a statement along the lines of 'I couldn't find it in Google', or 'It must be in the computer somewhere', as if the only source of information is the 'net !
What happened to getting off their Rs and going to a Library, or doing some hunting for info - or is that too bl**dy easy - or too much like hard work?!
Also, the apparent impatience today, where many want 'bullet point' answers, not having the decency or patience, to read the full details, which, in turn, degrades their own work, for example at school or college, and more so in industry and the commercial world, when only bare bones facts are passed on, distorting the real facts.
Heaven help future generations, who will live like this, and degrade languages evolved over centuries into grunts and 'textese' replies !!
And if they really must use those stupid, pointless, irritating bl**dy abbreviations at the end of sentences, keep then for SMS messages, not everyday use!

I noticed this subtle change many years ago (probably 1975). I started taking notice when car manufacturers stopped using words for components on a dashboard and started using symbols. Road Departments using symbols for signs instead of "Don't Walk", etc. Product words spelled phonetically instead of correctly. The dumbing-down process has culminated in WTF LOL!! Kewl!

in November, died the Spanish dictator Francisco Franco. Begins the transition to democracy in Spain.
In December my parents decided not to go to Australia to live, work and papers ready to go there.
play the following year when I come into the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back