2014 Foto Fest

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks fellas, early morning an Geneseo New York when the weather co-operates is one of the finest photographic experiences a warbird fan can have.

TBM-3AvengerN3967A.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Another nice shot there Jeff.
Is that 'Dak' the one based at Geneseo? If so, it's coming to the D-Day Anniversary air show at Duxford, UK, at the end of May, so I should see it, along with another three, plus the BBMF's Dak dropping the Red Devils.
Heaven - five airborne 'Daks' !!

Another nice shot there Jeff.
Is that 'Dak' the one based at Geneseo? If so, it's coming to the D-Day Anniversary air show at Duxford, UK, at the end of May, so I should see it, along with another three, plus the BBMF's Dak dropping the Red Devils.
Heaven - five airborne 'Daks' !!

Yes it is and they have done a ton of work on her over the past few years and she is a fine example. I hope to see some pics of her in England as I am a member of the museum that owns her, all be it a distant member but one none the less.

Cheers,

Jeff

I'll be sure to get plenty of pics Jeff. And if you can 'drop a hint' to the museum / owners, maybe I can get some interior shots .. cough, cough, ahem !
And if I was still fit enough, I'd love to jump from it - but age and Rheumatoid arthritis have knackered that dream !

I'll be sure to get plenty of pics Jeff. And if you can 'drop a hint' to the museum / owners, maybe I can get some interior shots .. cough, cough, ahem !
And if I was still fit enough, I'd love to jump from it - but age and Rheumatoid arthritis have knackered that dream !

I know at shows here she is usually open for folks to get inside her.

Here is today's pic.

AT-6GN826G.jpg

A wannabe P-47 jockey perhaps?

Cheers,

Jeff

Nice sort of 56 FG Harvard/Texan.

Things are bit more strict at Duxford Jeff. A 'Flight Line Walk' is available, for a small fee, but it's confined to the taxi-way, with aircraft behind a taped barrier or, if on the grass on the south side of the taxi track, that's a 'No Go' area, unless invited.
But I'll be sure to get whatever pics I can, and I'll send you some at full size. If the museum would like some too, let me know.

Crashed into the Atlantic Ocean a few years back (2009) killing the pilot/owner, Bob Baranaskas. He was practicing for upcoming air show when he may have stalled the aircraft without sufficient height to recover. His son Chris, who flew their P-51 Glamorous Gal, witnessed the crash.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back