2014 Foto Fest

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another nice shot there Jeff.
Is that 'Dak' the one based at Geneseo? If so, it's coming to the D-Day Anniversary air show at Duxford, UK, at the end of May, so I should see it, along with another three, plus the BBMF's Dak dropping the Red Devils.
Heaven - five airborne 'Daks' !!

Yes it is and they have done a ton of work on her over the past few years and she is a fine example. I hope to see some pics of her in England as I am a member of the museum that owns her, all be it a distant member but one none the less.

Cheers,

Jeff

I'll be sure to get plenty of pics Jeff. And if you can 'drop a hint' to the museum / owners, maybe I can get some interior shots .. cough, cough, ahem !
And if I was still fit enough, I'd love to jump from it - but age and Rheumatoid arthritis have knackered that dream !

I know at shows here she is usually open for folks to get inside her.

Here is today's pic.

A wannabe P-47 jockey perhaps?

Cheers,

Jeff

Nice sort of 56 FG Harvard/Texan.

Things are bit more strict at Duxford Jeff. A 'Flight Line Walk' is available, for a small fee, but it's confined to the taxi-way, with aircraft behind a taped barrier or, if on the grass on the south side of the taxi track, that's a 'No Go' area, unless invited.
But I'll be sure to get whatever pics I can, and I'll send you some at full size. If the museum would like some too, let me know.

Crashed into the Atlantic Ocean a few years back (2009) killing the pilot/owner, Bob Baranaskas. He was practicing for upcoming air show when he may have stalled the aircraft without sufficient height to recover. His son Chris, who flew their P-51 Glamorous Gal, witnessed the crash.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread