2018 FIFA World Cup

Your favorite to win the 2018 World Cup?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All the games so far, except this England game, where good. The teams seem to playing to win instead of playing not to lose.

It's sad that games can be influenced by poor refs, hope there's no further scandals brewing.

France defeated Australia 2-1, but they didn't look that impressive. I think the French play a north African team next. we play Denmark. hopes are high but I am doubtful

Very disappointed in Germany. The talent is onviously there, but they did not act as one cohesive clinical unit as German teams usually do.

The 2nd half was much better, with Germany controlling the game, with plenty of chances to score.

I expect them to return to a "better" form against Sweden and South Korea in order to qualify for the next round.

Spain and Portugal looked the most impressive to me. Other than those two teams, I have not seen a "dominant" team stand out. Neither France, Brazil, England, Belgium or Argentina looked impressive. Still just the first games though...

While the ref of the England v Tunisia game was absolutely the worst i've seen in the competition so far, im not going to use it as an excuse. I think an element of lack of experience was evident on the English side (It should have been 6-1 not 2-1. And tbh right up until the 3rd minute of added time i was bloody annoyed! But having said that, previous England teams would have found a way to lose that match, but we actually found a way to win it. So there are certainly positives to be taken from the game. And for Harry Kane to get two goals and jump start his tournament i thought was excellent. At least now he should be brimming with confidence. Bring on Panama!....

Ahhh Poland your killing me, have to hand it to Senegal thou, they played well. Might be the surprise team of the cup. Congrats to Japan..

Looked at the Polish Senegal game again, first goal was kinda bs because of the deflection, 2nd goal was "what the F"............ Bad breaks for Poland, Me thinks Senegal got lucky today.

Australia plays Denmark tonight televised at 10pm local time. That is provided the company that has streaming rights in Australia (OPTUS Streaming) releases the vision to our PBS (SBS Sport) for a free to air broadcast. OPTUS have put their hand out for money from the viewers with exclusive broadcast rights, but so far not a single match has been broadcast live. they have apologized and agreed to pass the broadcasts over to the far more reliable free to air service. but even 24 hours after the announcement, still nothing on the public broadcaster.

It sucks. The comments regarding OPTUS in places like Facebook are not flattering.

With some relief got to watch the Australia/Denmark match on Free to air TV last night. I found it to be quite an interesting match. First 25 minutes ouyr guys were nervous and we conceded a goal to their main striker .....forget his name now. This was answered with an equalizer from our kicker......he looks for all the world like the twin brother of Ned Kelly.

The second half remained scoreless and the match ended as a 1-1 draw. Australia was unlucky not to score a second goal as there were several good attempts to get to the back of the net, but the Danish Goallie is very good

We now have to defeat Peru which I think is on Sunday, and France has to defeat Denmark. I'm just unsure whether we can defeat Peru. We are going to find out soon enough. Not bad though for the side last to qualify.

seeing as England got out of jail with an extra time winner i cant be too harsh on Germany. You'd have to be a fool to right them off, but i dont think this German team is anywhere near as good as previous world cup squads. I truly think they will struggle to go far. I was quite impressed with Nigeria despite their shaky start. But its Belgium im choosing as my outside bet. Croatia look pretty good too.

It's all about England v Panama for me tomorrow. Come on the lions!!! :wav:

With some relief got to watch the Australia/Denmark match on Free to air TV last night. I found it to be quite an interesting match. First 25 minutes ouyr guys were nervous and we conceded a goal to their main striker .....forget his name now. This was answered with an equalizer from our kicker......he looks for all the world like the twin brother of Ned Kelly.

The second half remained scoreless and the match ended as a 1-1 draw. Australia was unlucky not to score a second goal as there were several good attempts to get to the back of the net, but the Danish Goallie is very good

We now have to defeat Peru which I think is on Sunday, and France has to defeat Denmark. I'm just unsure whether we can defeat Peru. We are going to find out soon enough. Not bad though for the side last to qualify.
I think the Aussies have a good chance of beating Peru if they play well. Be nice to see the socceroos do well....:thumbright:

Germany outplayed Sweden today, but did not look good, and needed some luck.

That goal from Kroos though! Beautiful!

Germany does not lack talent, but it lacks the leadership it had with Lahm and Schweinsteiger.

I genuinely thought Germany were done but fair play to them but they are certainly not a power anymore.
Serbia are going to beat Brazil but probably not in football!
England are needing a win against Panama today as I don't think much of getting a result against Belgium. Belgium are very impressive and I would say they have a good chance of winning the cup.
England were not good against Tunisia and they have to do well today. Needing a win against Belgium would be mission impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back