2018 FIFA World Cup (1 Viewer)

Your favorite to win the 2018 World Cup?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

USA has the majority of the games, Canada and Mexico 2 games each.

As far as I know, the schedule is not yet finalized. 3 Canadian cities are proposed and those, along with the US and Mexico sites still need to be approved by FIFA.

Last edited:
The 6-1 broke all sorts of records but in fact England were rubbish at times, if they play the same way against a side that can play football and not all in wrestling (like Belgium) they will be in trouble.

As far as I know, the schedule is not yet finalized. 3 Canadian cities are proposed and those, along with the US and Mexico sites still need to be approved by FIFA.

Oops remembered wrong.:oops::oops: From Wiki,

The 2026 FIFA World Cup will be the 23rd FIFA World Cup, the quadrennial international men's football championship contested by the national teams of the member associations of FIFA. The tournament will be jointly hosted by 16 cities in three North American countries; 60 matches, including the quarterfinals, semi-finals, and the final, will be hosted by the United States, while neighboring Canada and Mexico will each host 10 matches.

England are now in an excellent position and it would be interested to see if they play a full strength side or a weaker side against Belgium.
Next game will be Senegal or Japan or Colombia so not much between them so probably no big deal if top or second in group.

LOL
Ok, ok so i got carried away. Im an England fan and it's not that often we get the chance to get carried away! lol
Oh and everyone will be happy to know i've just had an operation to remove the stick from my orifice. I might have trouble sitting down without an inflatable cushion ring for a while but at least it's cured my attitude problem. Thank DerAdler for bringing me back down to earth....:lol::thumbright: lol

LOL
Ok, ok so i got carried away. Im an England fan and it's not that often we get the chance to get carried away! lol
Oh and everyone will be happy to know i've just had an operation to remove the stick from my orifice. I might have trouble sitting down without an inflatable cushion ring for a while but at least it's cured my attitude problem. Thank DerAdler for bringing me back down to earth....:lol::thumbright: lol
Sounds painful, can you still stand straight for cheering England on or do you have to lie down? :lol:

To be fair, while panama was very weak, England wasted no opportunity to grab that chance. THere was nothing wrong with that performance. I'm really looking forward to the game against Belgium. I'm very curious who's the better of the two.

Sounds painful, can you still stand straight for cheering England on or do you have to lie down? :lol:

To be fair, while panama was very weak, England wasted no opportunity to grab that chance. THere was nothing wrong with that performance. I'm really looking forward to the game against Belgium. I'm very curious who's the better of the two.
You may have to wait a bit, on the radio it just said Belgium will change at least 6 possibly all 10 outfield players, England could well do the same.

Late goal gives Spain a tie. Portugal ties. Crybaby Ronaldo misses a penalty kick.

I would say VAR has been a hinder.
Incoherent and inconsistent.
Either it works or it doesn't and far too many times it's not done the job.

They only started playing the games that send teams home today.

This is still group stage. Teams have already been officially eliminated the last set of games.

That was not the point of my post though. I was saying the video instant replay was quicker until these games today.

This is still group stage. Teams have already been officially eliminated the last set of games.

That was not the point of my post though. I was saying the video instant replay was quicker until these games today.
What I mean is you will have close matches between two teams where one will go out.....some will get very feisty and the ref is in the middle getting harassed in all sorts of languages. I think as the tournament has gone on the players are learning ways to game the system

What I mean is you will have close matches between two teams where one will go out.....some will get very feisty and the ref is in the middle getting harassed in all sorts of languages. I think as the tournament has gone on the players are learning ways to game the system

My apologies. I misunderstood you. You are absolutely correct.

Usually with penalties.
Serbia should have had penalty for holding against Swiss and so should England against Tunisia.

That is a failure of missing the penalty, not of the replay.

Unless I missed something, everytime the replay has been called it has proven to be correct. Does that mean they will get every penalty. No.

That is a failure of missing the penalty, not of the replay.

Unless I missed something, everytime the replay has been called it has proven to be correct. Does that mean they will get every penalty. No.
In the England Tunisia game Tunisia got a penalty because the referee awarded it and VAR confirmed it, later in the match 4 England players were wrestled to the ground but because the referee didn't award anything VAR wasn't asked. The hand ball rule in soccer was originally to distinguish between it and Rugby.....basically you cant use your hand to control the ball. Todays penalty decision was basically the ball hitting a players hand. There will be a lot of penalties and many games decided by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back