2018 FIFA World Cup

Your favorite to win the 2018 World Cup?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I haven't watched all but Belgium are certainly from what I have seen very impressed.
If England have to get a draw or win against Belgium then I have my doubts.
So must win against Panama today. Doesn't matter how! And the Belgium game is a dead rubber and any result can be put down as inconsequential. I would be having grave doubts if England could beat any decent side. Although so far teams like Brazil and Germany and Portugal have not been great. Not even mention Argentina! So I do think that the road is clear for a new young team to win.

I agree with everything you last two guys said apart from England beating Belgium as being mission impossible. Come on guy, you know as well as i do anything can happen in football and just because they have de bruyne doesnt mean they are invincible. I admit he probably is the best midfielder/playmaker in the world right now, but one man doesnt make a team. Although Portugal fans might disagree with that (What with Ronaldo single handed dragging them through every game) But de bruyne doesnt score goals he mostly creates them. And Lukaku can either be great or m.i.a. If Belgium are to win or even get close he has to keep scoring goals and tbh i have my doubts after seeing him play week in week out for Man utd. No way Belgium will go all the way. But they are certainly entertaining to watch. And as for England, anything could happen because there isnt the same pressure or expectation as previous tournaments. So im just going to enjoy the show. At least this world cup has produced some good games and we haven even finished the group stages yet. Bring it on i say...:thumbright:

Evan a 3 legged donkey can win a 2 horse race.
We criticized Germany but they played Mexico and Sweden who are both good sides whearas England have been lucky to play 2 weak sides.
They have to beat Panama today and if they get beat they they will have to win against Belgium. Now Belgium are through so they may play their 2nd XI to save any injuries and yellow cards but I am hopeful that Engalnd can win today.

So England dont have a chance against Belgium huh? England 5-0 up at half time and making Panama look like a Sunday league pub team. Bring on the Brussels sprouts! :lol::greenjumpers:

Last edited:
Yes of course, Panama are absolutely awful, idk how they even qualified tbh. Not when countries such as Ireland, Scotland, Wales, USA and Holland didnt make the finals. They are by far the worst team i have seen play in this world cup. And England v Belgium will certainly be an interesting game now. But the knockouts will be fun too. Maybe playing Japan or Senegal in the last 16.... Harry Kane hat trick now takes his tally to 5. Possible golden boot winner....?

Calm down, Panama is not Belgium...
It's not every day ones team wins a world cup game 6-1 despite the opposition. So i got a little carried away. Maybe im just confused, but this site and some of it's members seem to think it's totally acceptable to tell people how to act, think and behave. If i didnt know better i'd swear there is a click going on here. But then im sure someone will be quick enough to point out how wrong i am. It's becoming a rather bland theme. But hey, if derogatory comments to strangers is what makes ones day who am i to judge. And agreed Panama is not Belgium. But Belgium are hardly Brazil either. Let's just wait and see....

Last edited:
It's not every day ones team wins a world cup game 6-1 despite the opposition. So i got a little carried away. Maybe im just confused, but this site and some of it's members seem to think it's totally acceptable to tell people how to act, think and behave. If i didnt know better i'd swear there is a click going on here. But then im sure someone will be quick enough to point out how wrong i am. It's becoming a rather bland theme. But hey, if derogatory comments to strangers is what makes ones day who am i to judge. And agreed Panama is not Belgium. But Belgium are hardly Brazil either. Let's just wait and see....

Wow...

Nobody told you what to do, or how to act. It's called having a conversation. You made a statement. I made a counter statement. Pull the stick out of your ass, and get off of your high horse. No one is insulting you, no one is attacking you. It's simple conversation. I said the same thing to the Belgium fans who were going crazy over their 5-2 win over Tunisia. It's Tunisia!

Having said that people do react and talk to you in the very same way you talk to them. It's a two way street.

Basically, calm down and stop being so damn uptight. It's a thread bout a fricken sport where 22 guys run around a field chasing a ball. If you can't handle a little back and forth banter over a sport, maybe the sport/thread is not for you..

I wouldn't dispute that England's victory against Panama was a joyous occasion which added greatly to the Empires glory but it's early dayz so let's not go overboard. Obviously England are destined to win the World Cup this year but we have to let the lesser sides have a run out as well. Otherwise just giving the cup to England today would be a boring tournament.

I wouldn't dispute that England's victory against Panama was a joyous occasion which added greatly to the Empires glory but it's early dayz so let's not go overboard. Obviously England are destined to win the World Cup this year but we have to let the lesser sides have a run out as well. Otherwise just giving the cup to England today would be a boring tournament.

The only way they get the cup is by some controvercial non goal or something like that...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back