2019 NFL Season

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chris, Yea Trub is a lost cause and a waste of everything the Beers gave up to get him but...
I can't give Goff a 10 times better rating. Looking at their 2019 stats Goff has an 82.1 passer rating and Trub (believe it or not) is 82.2. Goff has 10 TDs this year and Trub has 9. In 2018 Goff was really looking good at 101.1 while Trub was close with 95.4. Goff hit 16 TDs and Trub hit 14. So Goff has the edge but not 10 times better.
Nagy actually benched Trub but the reason (given publicly) was that Trub injured his hip. Chase was not much of an improvement however.
Was looking good in the first Qtr. Trub managed to make it to the Ram's 30 then Pinero missed the goal way left. Goff had two turnovers and threw an interception. Pinero screws up another kick, this time far right.
And that was JUST the first Qtr. I thought both teams were pretty sad.

Can't argue with that Chris I'm NOT a Trub fan but Goff?? - "Flash-in-the-pan" perhaps??? His rookie year he had only 7 TDs and a 63.6 rating. Trub's rookie year saw 12 TDs and a 77.5 rating. Goff's second year all the lessons seemed to click and he jumped to 15 TDs and 100.5 followed by 16 TDs and 101.1
This season for some reason he just can't seem to find his groove.

Can't argue with that Chris I'm NOT a Trub fan but Goff?? - "Flash-in-the-pan" perhaps??? His rookie year he had only 7 TDs and a 63.6 rating. Trub's rookie year saw 12 TDs and a 77.5 rating. Goff's second year all the lessons seemed to click and he jumped to 15 TDs and 100.5 followed by 16 TDs and 101.1
This season for some reason he just can't seem to find his groove.

You conveniently ignore the 2017 season when Goff threw for 3804 yards, 28 TD and only 7 Int. Then in 2018 he threw for 4688 yards and 32 TD and 12 Int.

This season his whole team is off, not just him. Trubisky has a great team around him, yet cannot play worth a damn. Goff does not hole his team back, unlike Trubisky.

Goff's second year all the lessons seemed to click and he jumped to 15 TDs and 100.5 followed by 16 TDs and 101.1
Didn't ignore Chris those were 2017 (2nd year) and 2018 (3rd and best year). And again we are in agreement the Rams team is, like the Beers in trouble. Trub's Rookie year was 2017 and he threw 2193 and 3223 in 2018. This game was about as ugly as it gets for two teams that were supposed to be very good when this season began. They both provided vivid examples of why they're not very good this season.

Chris, you haven't predicted this one yet but methinks that the Sad News Beers can really pull this one off. NY has a pretty poor defense so if me Beers can pull off two or three offensive power plays they'll be well on their way to their best offensive game this season.
Barkley has that nasty ankle injury and his numbers have been terrible (72 carries and 175 yds) on the other hand NY has had a week off. The Beers defensive line has really missed Hicks and their offense....if you want to call it that! The Beers need to get out in front early in the game or they'll never score on defense.
In that light rookie Jones has had TEN yup 10 fumbles so if me Beers have scoop and score down pat they might just pull this one off
So me gonna give it to the Bears: BEARS - 20 and GIANTS - 16

I called it on the ESPN app, I just have not copied them over yet to the forum.

I'm calling it for the Giants over the Bears. As long as Trubisky is in at QB.

Don't do apps Chris, so we'll see what transpires. Unfortunately Trub is here to stay but the draft is coming. Hopefully the Beers can find a rookie or veteran QB to replace or push Trub. I still like Bridgewater

Well Chris, me Beers pulled out another one 19 - 14 so I was pretty close for once. Mitch Trubisky threw for a season-high 278 yards (one TD and ran for another) and the Bears' defense bottled up Saquon Barkley pretty tightly. It wasn't a pretty game, including a pair of Trubisky interceptions, but the Giants were clearly worse and showed why they've now lost seven consecutive games. Barkley actually made Trub look good. Barkley had 17 carries for just 59 yards! That late 97 yard drive in the 4th Qtr was a bit scary but too little too late

Totally forgot about this thread, but...

E62D9805-CC22-439A-951D-53D3D2911691.jpeg
83248983-907D-4A22-B3D9-85EB07B69593.jpeg

As a loyal Beers (sadly) fan could not in good conscience root for the Cheese-heads so with Chris: "YEA!!! 49ers"
Now as for the play offs KC is just around the corner so going to be a tough call as to who to root for. Think that it's going to be a close game maybe 3 points or so. Going to have to do some research

I believe the Chiefs are currently favored by a point. Having watched both teams closely over the year, I think I have as good a handle as anyone.

The 49ers, right now, are the better team. The 49ers greatest strengths just happen to be the Chiefs weaknesses. Chiefs= average at best O line. Average at best against the run. Although the Chiefs defense is greatly improved over what they were earlier in the year, they can be had. Susceptible to the tight end up the seam. I believe that Derrick Henry didn't do as well in that last game simply because they ran the wheels off of him in the prior 3-4 games and he was fatigued.

On the other hand, the Chiefs have more upper end play makers than anyone. The team speed is outrageous. Sammy Watkins is their slowest receiver with 4.4 speed. If Mahomes can be given just a little time (more than Rogers got) he can be explosive. If Mahomes gets a lot of pressure, he tends to get frustrated and then starts to press too hard and makes mistakes. Also, the past 3 games the Chiefs have started slow. Penalties, dropped passes in key situations and etc. They can't do that here.

So we'll see. I'll call it 28-24 49ers. 49'ers run game and defensive line are the difference just like in the NFC Championship game.

On edit, this game, in my mind anyway, eerily shapes up similar to the Super Bowl between 49ers and Dolphins in the '80's. I hope it's not a blowout like that one was.

Last edited:
I believe the Chiefs are currently favored by a point. Having watched both teams closely over the year, I think I have as good a handle as anyone.

The 49ers, right now, are the better team. The 49ers greatest strengths just happen to be the Chiefs weaknesses. Chiefs= average at best O line. Average at best against the run. Although the Chiefs defense is greatly improved over what they were earlier in the year, they can be had. Susceptible to the tight end up the seam. I believe that Derrick Henry didn't do as well in that last game simply because they ran the wheels off of him in the prior 3-4 games and he was fatigued.

On the other hand, the Chiefs have more upper end play makers than anyone. The team speed is outrageous. Sammy Watkins is their slowest receiver with 4.4 speed. If Mahomes can be given just a little time (more than Rogers got) he can be explosive. If Mahomes gets a lot of pressure, he tends to get frustrated and then starts to press too hard and makes mistakes. Also, the past 3 games the Chiefs have started slow. Penalties, dropped passes in key situations and etc. They can't do that here.

So we'll see. I'll call it 28-24 49ers. 49'ers run game and defensive line are the difference just like in the NFC Championship game.

On edit, this game, in my mind anyway, eerily shapes up similar to the Super Bowl between 49ers and Dolphins in the '80's. I hope it's not a blowout like that one was.

you are forgetting the X-factor. The 49ers have Kyle Shanahan, the undisputed best play caller in the league.

you are forgetting the X-factor. The 49ers have Kyle Shanahan, the undisputed best play caller in the league.
Not forgetting him. But Andy Reid is no slouch either. Both have their face palm moments as well. I am more interested in what Andy will come up with to stymie that SF defense... which is stout and with really only one hole (right CB).

I really believe the 49ers will start out like they did with GB. Run the ball until the Chiefs show they can stop it. On defense, pressure Mahomes into mistakes. Kelce and Kittle could both have big days.

I said above that the 49ers are the better team right now; however, the Chiefs have the better talent.

This will be fun to watch!!

Not forgetting him. But Andy Reid is no slouch either. Both have their face palm moments as well. I am more interested in what Andy will come up with to stymie that SF defense... which is stout and with really only one hole (right CB).

I really believe the 49ers will start out like they did with GB. Run the ball until the Chiefs show they can stop it. On defense, pressure Mahomes into mistakes. Kelce and Kittle could both have big days.

I said above that the 49ers are the better team right now; however, the Chiefs have the better talent.

This will be fun to watch!!

The hole at right CB has been fixed with the benching of Whitherspoon. Moseley has taken his spot and been superb. In his ladt two games he has been a lockdown QB, even nabbing a beautiful interception from Rodgers on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back