2019 NFL Season

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chris, I've got to agree with you the Beers have little or no offense except an occasional spark. The defense has indeed been carrying the team all season.
But he did throw two TDs and that kick return was pretty chool plus Pineros field goals were big pluses.
So like everything else in the world: hills and valleys. Nothing is ever all bad nor all good and a win is a win

Chris, I've got to agree with you the Beers have little or no offense except an occasional spark. The defense has indeed been carrying the team all season.
But he did throw two TDs and that kick return was pretty chool plus Pineros field goals were big pluses.
So like everything else in the world: hills and valleys. Nothing is ever all bad nor all good and a win is a win

the TD's where in garbage time as they say, when the opposing D goes to a prevent style D at the end of the game.

OK Chris here we goes agin: Beers vs Chargers. Methinks this one is going to be a close game. The Chargers offense has been like the Beers in their last few games. While it hurts to say it I agree with Chris: Chicago's running game is nearly non-existent and its passing game is mediocre at best. Both teams have defenses that are tough, though I'm beginning to wonder about the Beers, theirs seems to be vanishing but I'm hoping it will best the Chargers.
The game is at home (Soldiers Field) again so the Beers have that going for them. If my poor Beers can't win at home against a two-win Chargers team and especially if the offense blows it again things are going to fall completely apart in Chicago.
Any how Chicage NEEDS a win desperately and I've got my hometown glasses on so Chris: Beers 23 - Chargers 21
Trubinsky is pretty much it (QB) for the rest of the season and he'll be there in 2020 as well since cutting him would create a dead money hit of $9.2 million and would clear no cap space. A trade eases that by half but after this season who wants him. Chase Daniels probably won't survive his 5th year option in 2021.
Trubinsky needs a legit rival to motivate his butt.
God forbid but Colin Kaepernick is still out there. Teddy Bridgewater is a free agent in March and out of a job when Brees returns. He looked pretty good throwing for the Saints. Josh Rosen is probably out at Miami. He's young and cheap and would put a lot of pressure on Trub. Jameis Winston will be a free agent in March. Lots of ability and flaws so it would be quite a battle with Trub. Marcus Mariota was benched by the Titans and is on his 5th year rookie extension he'd be a good fit with Nagy.

Last Week: 9-5
Overall: 66-40

This Week:

Minnesota Vikings 33-7 Washington Redskins
Seattle Seahawks 26-20 Atlanta Falcons
Buffalo Bills 23-21 Philadelphia Eagles
Los Angeles Chargers 17-15 Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions 30-13 New York Giants
Houston Texans 36-27 Oakland Raiders
Jacksonville Jaguars 24-20 New York Jets
Los Angeles Rams 33-9 Cincinnati Bengals
New Orleans Saints 27-19 Arizona Cardinals
Tennessee Titans 27-16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
San Francisco 49ers 31-20 Carolina Panthers
Indianapolis Colts 30-9 Denver Broncos
Green Bay Packers 34-23 Kansas City Chiefs
New England Patriots 33-10 Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers 23-14 Miami Dolphins

Man what a dominating win by the 49ers. As a big Niner fan, it has been a long time since I have seen that.

6FA135AA-5E05-4C22-A0F2-5CA1C9FCD4CD.jpeg

mikewint mikewint I almost called the Bears game to the point.

I forgot to post my picks last week, so here they are, as well as this weeks picks...

Week 8: 14-1
Overall: 80-41

Week 9:

San Francisco 49ers 30-17 Arizona Cardinals
Houston Texans 33-20 Jacksonville Jaguars
Buffalo Bills 23-12 Washington Redskins
Carolina Panthers 27-23 Tennesee Titans
Minnesota Vikings 26-21 Kansas City Chiefs
New York Jets 23-20 Miami Dolphins
Philadelphia Eagles 30-20 Chicago Bears
Indianapolis Colts 24-14 Pittsburgh Steelers
Oakland Raiders 23-21 Detroit Lions
Seattle Seahawks 30-13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Denver Broncos 27-21 Cleveland Browns
Green Bay Packers 37-30 Los Angeles Chargers
New England Patriots 27-24 Baltimore Ravens
Dallas Cowboys 27-20 New York Giants

Last Week: 9-5
Overall: 89-46

This Week:

Los Angeles Chargers 23-20 Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs 27-17 Tennesee Titans
Arizona Cardinals 24-20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Giants 27-17 New York Jets
New Orleans Saints 33-27 Atlanta Falcons
Buffalo Bills 23-14 Cleveland Browns
Baltimore Ravens 40-6 Cincinnati Bengals
Detroit Lions 27-25 Chicago Bears
Indianapolis Colts 37-9 Miami Dolphins
Los Angeles Rams 31-24 Pittsburgh Steelers
Green Bay Packers 26-20 Carolina Panthers
Minnesota Vikings 33-30 Dallas Cowboys
San Francisco 49ers 34-30 Seattle Seahawks

Hey Chris good to see your return, I was going to eat a very large plate of raw crow and concede that my poor sad Beers were doomed.
Personally I would not have given them the 20 points that you did. 12 to ZERO at the half, twas unbelievable as was the NINE TOTAL YARDS and TWO whole first downs in the entire half. Beyond sad. Now the Eagles tried really hard to loose as the Beers managed 2 TDs in the second half and by golly I was actually beginning to hope a miracle was in the offing. Then that really great defense the Beers once had fell apart and the Eagles managed SIXTEEN plays to finally wipe out all hope.
Haven't thought much about the Lions game

Hey Chris good to see your return, I was going to eat a very large plate of raw crow and concede that my poor sad Beers were doomed.
Personally I would not have given them the 20 points that you did. 12 to ZERO at the half, twas unbelievable as was the NINE TOTAL YARDS and TWO whole first downs in the entire half. Beyond sad. Now the Eagles tried really hard to loose as the Beers managed 2 TDs in the second half and by golly I was actually beginning to hope a miracle was in the offing. Then that really great defense the Beers once had fell apart and the Eagles managed SIXTEEN plays to finally wipe out all hope.
Haven't thought much about the Lions game

You guys need to ditch Trubisky and get a good QB.

Yea, again 100% agree if only we had a time machine. However at this point, Ryan Pace cannot admit to the colossal failure Trubinsky has turned out to be.. And to be honest, he wasn't the only one who scouted No. 10 incorrectly. I'm certainly NOT a football pundit but there were all the red flags at the time that suggested his inexperience and poor decision-making would be a problem and they totally ignored the fact that he was only a one-year starter for North Carolina football!! of all places.
Matt Nagy and the Front office Big Wigs HAVE to get some value out of the Gomer after all the capital they spent to get his butt. So the Bears will ride or die with Trubisky at the helm, for better or for worse. While I don't like the notion I have to agree that it is wise not to panic by making an ill-advised trade for a mediocre quarterback that may or may not be an upgrade. Trubisky has clearly regressed but Chicago may have found a successful formula moving by running the ball with David Montgomery...maybe??? And IMHO Nagy's "play-calling" is not all that great
So bottom line Trubinsky is the QB. Fortunately he remains on a rookie contract through next year. That opens the door for a new quarterback. Queue: Teddy Bridgewater. The former first-round pick led the Saints to an undefeated run without Drew Brees. He showed he has fully recovered from a devastating knee injury. Most of all, he whipped the Beers on their home turf. He is going to be the hottest free agent on the market heading into the off-season.

Last edited:
OK Chris tis time I faced the sad sad fact that my poor Beers are forked!!! The Lions and the Beers are BOTH in desperate need of a win. It's past saving the season 'cause they're both near circling the drain. The Bears have one of the worst offenses in the NFL, and that has screwed-up what was a fantastic defense. The Lions are the opposite, with an excellent passing game but a defense that can't stop anyone. Something has to give on Sunday. The game is in Chicago so the Beers have the home-field advantage and the weather looks good. So I'd love to give it to the Beers but, I don't think the Bears can win a shootout and I don't think they'll completely stymie Stafford. Now as always there are IFs. IF Khalil Mack has a big game or the Bears force a couple of turnovers, the Lions will be in for a long day. But sadly I see the Soldier Field crowd turning on Trubisky and the Lions heading home winners.
Lions - 23 and my poor Beers - 17

MY BEERS!, MY BEERS!! How could I have ever doubted your wonderfulness (OK, I do know, that was just for dramatic effect.) :greenjumpers::wav::greenjumpers::wav::occasion5::occasion7::occasion5:

LIONS - 13 and the Bears - 20. Sad Sack Trubinsky hit 3 (count 'em 3) TDs 173 yds. He might hit 200 yet!!!

Last Week: 3-10
Overall: 92-56

This week:

Pittsburgh Steelers 24-22 Cleveland Browns
New York Jets 30-13 Washington Redsksins
New Orleans Saints 34-20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Minnesota Vikings 27-17 Denver Broncos
Buffalo Bills 30-9 Miami Dolphins
Indianapolis Colts 26-23 Jacksonville Jaguars
Dallas Cowboys 23-16 Detroit Lions
Atlanta Falcons 27-24 Carolina Panthers
Baltimore Ravens 30-27 Houston Texans
San Francisco 49ers 37-10 Arizona Cardinals
New England Patriots 24-17 Philadelphia Eagles
Oakland Raiders 24-14 Cincinnati Bengals
Los Angeles Rams 22-15 Chicago Bears
Kansas City Chiefs 34-27 Los Angeles Chargers

Goff's passer rating is worse than Mitch Trubisky's believe it or not, Soo…the opportunities should be there for Kyle Fuller, Prince Amukamara, Ha Ha Clinton Dix and Eddie Jackson to take the ball away multiple times. Sooo…. Unfortunately considering the Beers sad-sack offense sustaining long drives against a good Rams defense will be difficult to impossible. Soooo… they'll have to score on short fields, or get defensive touchdowns, and my Beers could put themselves in position to win on Sunday night.
The Rams are fourth in defensive DVOA, one spot ahead of the Bears and Wade Phillips' defense has actually been improving but at the same time their offense has regressed. Aaron Donald is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL for the third year in a row, so the Beers have got to shut him down to have any hope.
In three games with the Rams, Jalen Ramsey has allowed 14 receptions with no interceptions; for the Beers, Allen Robinson has been outstanding this year. He seems to be the only player on the Bears offense Mitch Trubisky truly trusts. If he can manage a big game like about 100 yards and a touchdown? it'll be because he won his matchups against Ramsey. And if Robinson does that, the Bears offense will have its best chance at beating one of the league's better defenses.
Sooooo… If Trubisky can't get Robinson the ball, or Ramsey gets an interception or two, the Bears will have a hellova time overcoming having their best offensive player being taken away.

That be a LOT of Ifs. I think my hometown glasses are of and so ultimately, it hurts me to say it but the Rams' defense is what will drive their win. Phillips' defense stifled Trubisky and the Bears' offense last yearIt's not impossible for my Beers to win but they'll have to play their best game of the season to succeed and last weekend's win over the Lions was not the kind of inspiring effort that leads one to believe a great, complete game is coming sad to say.
So it hurts me deeply to say this but I agree with you Chris:
RAMS – 22 BEARS – 13

Goff is having a bad year because is offense is suffering. He however is 10 times the QB that Trubisky is. Hell he took his team to a Super Bowl. Trubisky will never do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back