2022 World Cup - Qatar

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And here's the BBC commentary team on hearing that Germany have been eliminated:

A bit predictable...and, let's face it, Germany has a much better World Cup track record than England. Jealousy is an ugly emotion...and gloating is worse!

And here's the BBC commentary team on hearing that Germany have been eliminated:

A bit predictable...and, let's face it, Germany has a much better World Cup track record than England. Jealousy is an ugly emotion...and gloating is worse!

Just like to say, that wasnt the commentary team this evening. At half time they were saying that both Spain and Germany had a good chance of winning it, at one stage both were out so they looked completely stupid.

I did not watch the Japan-Spain game but after watching the replay, I'm calling BS. The ball was clearly out of play on the one goal. VAR back at the FIFA offices apparently "confirmed" it. Even the commentators called it as out of play. It was way beyond the line. It should have been 1:1. Germany would have had the goal difference advantage.

602F085E-F9FD-46D1-9055-BCE5E51BD23E.jpeg

Last edited:
South Korea through to the last 16 and Uruguay out of the tournament at the group stage. Who'dda thunked?

I'm just going to put this here again…

See that green between the ball and the line? Nope, not an upset well well deserved.

View attachment 696978
The whole of the ball has to be clear of the line. When you see players taking a corner the same rules apply and you can often see green between the ball and the line. In the link below is video from above, the ball doesn't go out.

I mean come on, some of the goals in this tournament were called back because literally the VAR determined the scoring player was a "C-Hair" length in the offsides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back