2022 World Cup - Qatar (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Indeed, congratulations to Argentina.
(one of the best finals I've watched in the last 40 years)

Despite this being probably the best game in years or even decades, I'm still not won over to the sport. I gave it a chance, I really did.

I respect the talent and the concept. However for me, too much of the game is about theatrics in the box and the resulting ridiculous 80 to 90% chance of scoring on a penalty kick. That ruins it for me. I know that millions of people will disagree but, hey, that's my opinion.

Despite this being probably the best game in years or even decades, I'm still not won over to the sport. I gave it a chance, I really did.

I respect the talent and the concept. However for me, too much of the game is about theatrics in the box and the resulting ridiculous 80 to 90% chance of scoring on a penalty kick. That ruins it for me. I know that millions of people will disagree but, hey, that's my opinion.
But that is why its popular. The Argentines will celebrate that they won and the French will insist they were robbed.

What you just want to keep playing overtime?

I'm ok with shootouts at some point. Just not when my team is playing. :D
I can just remember when all knockout games including the final were re played if it was equal after extra time, it became a battle of endurance that couldnt survive the television era. The longest went to a fifth replay a total of eleven hours (extra time wasnt played then, it was brought in to avoid replays).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back