2023 Road trip

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Couple of German Jet engines and another replica of a German jet

DSC_0738.JPG
DSC_0737.JPG
DSC_0739.JPG
DSC_0735.JPG
DSC_0736.JPG

Appears to be a B-23 in civies behind the Shackleton. Did you get shots of it?

Appears to be a B-23 in civies behind the Shackleton. Did you get shots of it?
Thanks guys, Ed will have to look when I get home, Honestly I don't remember. All the pictures I have posted so far where taken by me. I still have not looked at my son's pictures. Pictures of the Shackleton where taken at Pima and they had over 400 aircraft on display.

Just did a Google on this. That is one huge collection of planes.
View attachment 714642
:D
Pima is a trip, we took two days and probably could have done another one. Not all the pictures we have posted are from this museum and the other museums are posted in the first thread. By far this was the largest museum on this trip. Not all aircraft here are fully restored but are waiting for full restoration. I think between my son and I we have over 3000 pictures or more from the museums. Most are of propeller planes though some jets I have more of. They still have new aircraft coming in to add to the collection. Most of the fully restored planes are indoors in one of the many 6 buildings. They have the room but they probably will need to build another one as the current ones are filling up.

I do have pictures of the B-36 and will post them when I get home.

Thanks guys for all the comments and likes. If you have something specific in mind just ask as trying to keep this going in my spare time :)

Once they restore they hope to mount them back on this aircraft. I think you can figure out where they go :)

View attachment 711958View attachment 711959View attachment 711960View attachment 711961View attachment 711962View attachment 711963
IMHO those are B-25 engines with postwar Bendix Stromberg carburetors. As per this site the engines are WRIGHT C14AB AC BA (Reciprocating). I'm not sure how this designation corresponds to the R-2600 of the Mitchell-family. The original engines of the Privateer are Pratt & Whitney R-1830 though.
Cheers!
P.S. Just saw that I'm late for the party - this particular detail was already discussed, starting here.

IMHO those are B-25 engines with postwar Bendix Stromberg carburetors. As per this site the engines are WRIGHT C14AB AC BA (Reciprocating). I'm not sure how this designation corresponds to the R-2600 of the Mitchell-family. The original engines of the Privateer are Pratt & Whitney R-1830 though.
Cheers!
P.S. Just saw that I'm late for the party - this particular detail was already discussed, starting here.
LOL not late Yves still going through pictures when I get time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back