6 year old stuck in hot air balloon in Colorado. OMG.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
I am watching HLN right now and there is a hot air-balloon over Denver, Colorado.

I don't have any sites that have info but here is what they are saying....

The family was making a homemade hot air-balloon, and the two boys were playing in it (parents didn't realize it) and they started filling the balloon with helium. The balloon is 700 feet in the air and one of the boys still may be inside. The balloon is 20 ft by 5 ft and dome shaped.

No one knows how they will get it down. I keep my fingers crossed........

Any info post here, I'm interested.

Not making light of the situation and maybe it's just me, but your just asking for trouble by having a hot air balloon tethered to your home and then have young children hanging around it.
Hope all turns out well, I'm sure the young man is probably terrified, or having the time of his life?
I read the boy that is thought to be inside is 6 years old.

6 year old and it JUST landed they are looking to see if the boy is in it or if he fell earlier.

Hope he doesn't suffer hypothermia.

My first reaction is SHOOT IT!! Now before our international brethren roll their eyes on my "typical American response", just think about it. Time is of the essence and a small hole might avert a tradgedy in the making.

Wouldn't that be a wonderful outcome. But you have to then ask where he went for 2 hours while, surely, scores of rescue personnel are swarming his house.

Wouldn't that be a wonderful outcome. But you have to then ask where he went for 2 hours while, surely, scores of rescue personnel are swarming his house.

So true..

They are suspecting one of 2 things.

He fell out at a low altitude and MAY be OK

or..

He feel out at a high altitude and isn't ok.

Or, the older sibling is telling a tall tale about seeing him get into it in the first place? Wouldn't be the first time a child made something up to try to get out of trouble.
Whatever happened I hope he is found OK.

Last edited:
The father has been on the news before to show his theories about the planets and weather.........gosh, just keeps gettin worse.

I read he is an ex-weather forcaster, and is now a stormchaser and scientist.
Makes one hope this is just not a big publicity stunt for something? Hopefully the missing child was just over to a friend house and no one knew of his whereabouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back