6 year old stuck in hot air balloon in Colorado. OMG. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep. He was found at home (garage attic?) hiding.

Thanks God he's OK.

Still a very strange story! More to come I guess.

TO

Glad to hear he was found and is OK. Sounds like he was hiding in a box in the Attic.
Local talk radio show was talking about the family tonight. Parents are evidently storm chasers and once filmed themselves along with children driving through a Hurrican in order to get into the eye of it.
Another video they state is out on the net is of the Children spoofing a Rap video, complete with F-Bombs and a "bathroom scene" that made the people at the radio stations jaws drop. Must have been pretty bad.
Sounds like the two videos are readily available on the internet?
Sounds like a fine job of parenting all around if you askk me.

It's good to hear he is OK.
No matter how bad we think they are as parents they seemed genuinely concerned about it.

I remember when I was around 6 our neighbors son who was around the same age burned down their house.
He was in a closet playing with matches and got a fire started.
They thought initially he had perished in the fire but found him a couple of hours later hiding in the woods behind the house.
He knew he was going to be punished and didn't want to be found.

Wheels

Yep on both spots, Buck and Cavu. I don't give a rip about the Ahole parents when it comes to a 6yo.

I too remember as a young boy. A boy about 6 down the street took a lantern into a tent in his front yard, knocked it over and burned to death.

I'm truly happy for Falcon (the little boy's name). May he be blessed. And may his parents get help.

Good thing the kid is safe...no matter what the outcome might be for the parents...

The one thing I was watching with interest earlier, was how close that mylar balloon was getting to those high-tension wires...on a number of occasions.

Wanna talk about news in the making? That would have been a sight, although at the time I was hoping for a miss, because I thought the boy was still aboard...

I'm very happy the boy is safe, really upset me for a while when the balloon was found empty. At the same time, I cannot help but wonder if the family is going to receive a bill for the costs of the rescue operations?

If this was a publicity stunt, I hope the county gives the parents a nice bill for all the emergency services that went into action, along with the Army for lending a blackhawk.

My 2 cents guys.

I was listening to a radio talk show yesterday while on this was going on, and they were pretty much covering this story as up to the minute as could be. One caller who called himself a expert ballooner, called into the show said the boy could not be in the balloon as the balloon was too small to even lift the 6 year old. He gave a figure of it taking 8 cubic feet of helium to life 1 pound, and he roughly figured this balloon has enough room for 125 cubic feet of gas. He gave his opinion that the boy was not in the balloon, and he was proved right. If this guy was a so called, self labeled "amateur scientist", if the 20 year ballooning veteran's figures about requiring 8 cubic feet to lift 1 pound are true, you would think this guy (the father) being a "scientist" would have researched enough to know this formula as well. I think he is a media whore just looking for some attention.

Now what makes me think this was all a scam or a attempt to get some publicity is that the boy slipped up in a interview and when his dad asked him why he did not come down out of hiding when they were calling his name, the boy responded to his dad with, "You said we were doing this for the show!". Dad was apparently quite taken aback, and lost his composure. When questioned about asking his boy what he meant with the comment, the father's tone quickly became defensive and he was suddenly outraged at Wolf Blitzer, and was irrate that after all the family had just gone through that they would be questioned about this.

Last edited:
What i'd like to know is how do you fly a helium filled research gathering saucer into the center of a hurricane?

Agreed, but, this isn't related to me thinking it's fishy but why weren't the parents interviewed during the 2 hours the balloon was flying? Just a question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back