6 year old stuck in hot air balloon in Colorado. OMG. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When I was stationed in Hawaii back in the 90's, a stuck hiker requiring airlift out would get slapped with a $20,000 bill (or more, depending on location). For one helicopter. Thank the Lord that nothing serious happened while this guy was tying up resources, but I still think he should be hit for a very sizable chunk of cash (well into the 6-digit range) for sending them on a wild-goose chase. Then put him in General Population and tell everyone he's a virgin, but willing to learn. Just cuz he ticked me off.

I heard that the Sheriff was going to consult with all state and federal agencies to see what this joker can be charged with. Apparently they are going for the largest and most serious charges they can throw at him. I am sure he will be paying compensation for all the expense of all aircraft and personnel involved.

I know it happened a while back but I thought you guys would get a small kick from this.

Looks like the Heenes' are finally getting the full force of the law; the parents of the "balloon boy" are to be imprisoned (can't tell if it's 30 or 90 days for the father, but the mother's sentence is for 20 days)). The bill for the "rescue" effort comes to about $43,000 in combined fines for the FAA, damages to the field where the balloon landed, two National Guard helicopters, and from local law enforcement agencies.

?Balloon boy' dad to spend 30 days in jail - Crime courts- msnbc.com
12-23-09

per the AP:

Richard Heene was sentenced to 90 days in jail, including 60 days of work release that will let him pursue his job as a construction contractor while serving his time. His wife, Mayumi, was sentenced to 20 days in jail."

The Heenes' probation will be revoked if they are found to be profiting from any book, TV, movie or other deals related to the stunt.

and the bonus:

Chief Deputy District Attorney Andrew Lewis also asked for full restitution to reimburse authorities for the cost of investigating the hoax — an amount that could exceed $50,000.

NICE!

It would have been strange had he been able to make anything from this, as the original crime was to defraud essentially.

Good to see a proper retribution has been served. But I also feel sorry for those kids, ripping parents :rolleyes:

This is well deserved, for the most important reason of all. For this scumbag putting his kids through all this for his personal gain and ego. His kids may never be able to escape this the rest of their lives and may come to resent their dad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back