A curious German weapon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pampa14

Airman 1st Class
May 14, 2013
I share with you photos of one of the most curious designs of the Luftwaffe during World War II. I'm talking about Junkers Ju-287 and its unusual design. If it had entered into service and built in quantity would have changed the course of the war? What do you think? Visit the link below, you will find it a lot of photos and a full report on this almost unknown aircraft. I hope you enjoy.

Aviação em Floripa: Uma arma curiosa

Best Regards!

A forward swept wing was indeed unusual at that time, although not actually unique.
But even though it is known that Junkers knew they had to locate engines (ie weight) along the wing to counter the twisting effect FSW's encounter (hence the triple engine configuration the real production types were supposed to have) it is pretty much accepted these days that you need much stronger materials & FBW computers (not to mention computers in design to make the necessary stress calculations) for FSW work safely & properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back