A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is this one on your shopping list Wojtek?

IMG_20210212_222911.jpg

I've got several Hobby Craft P/F-82 kits but I won't pay the price that is being asked for the G model. Poking around last night I found this site.

I have the Modelcraft F-82G. The radar pod is WAAAYYYY off - far too small. That was obvious from the first; that pod has to have a nose about the size of a P-61 nose. I have book on building Mustang kits and they show how to build a new one using the one that comes with the kit.

It turns out that the P-82D had a radar pod similar to that of the P-38M; I'm going to build that one. I have 7 P-82B kits.

I have the Modelcraft F-82G. The radar pod is WAAAYYYY off - far too small. That was obvious from the first; that pod has to have a nose about the size of a P-61 nose. I have book on building Mustang kits and they show how to build a new one using the one that comes with the kit.

It turns out that the P-82D had a radar pod similar to that of the P-38M; I'm going to build that one. I have 7 P-82B kits.
Yeah I have that book also. I bought a couple from a 3d printing company, still hoping Modelvist does theirs before I give up and do mine.

OOOh indeed !
At last, a new Lanc in this scale - question is, will it be a reasonable price, and an improvement over their fairly basic 1/32nd scale version.
I suspect it will be a "down-scaled" version, but great to see a new one after all these years.

OOOh indeed !
At last, a new Lanc in this scale - question is, will it be a reasonable price, and an improvement over their fairly basic 1/32nd scale version.
I suspect it will be a "down-scaled" version, but great to see a new one after all these years.
Reasonable? This Plastic, we don't need no reasonable! We can charge the moon, If we make it they will come, AHAHAHAHAHA

OOOh indeed !
Just been looking and its due out next month.
Their 1/48 B-17 is £105 - £115 so wondering if the Lancaster will be similar price range ?

I just picked up another Monogram B-17G because it cost me $25 and I can't see HK has made $80/90 improvement.

I agree. from what I've seen in reviews and pics of the HK 1/32nd scale Lancaster, for the price, I wasn't impressed. Detail, for this large scale, seemed sparse, basic and rather soft .
If their 1/48th scale Lanc is going to be over £100, then I'll stick with the modifications / corrections on my old Tamiya kit. I'm fairly sure that Revell Germany, or ICM, could produce a very good 1/48th scale Lanc, probably at half the price.

I agree. from what I've seen in reviews and pics of the HK 1/32nd scale Lancaster, for the price, I wasn't impressed. Detail, for this large scale, seemed sparse, basic and rather soft .
If their 1/48th scale Lanc is going to be over £100, then I'll stick with the modifications / corrections on my old Tamiya kit. I'm fairly sure that Revell Germany, or ICM, could produce a very good 1/48th scale Lanc, probably at half the price.

I see Revell Germany, ICM and Airfix, do a better 1/48 Lancaster than HK, with more details and for a lesser price....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back