A few more future releases. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've got several Hobby Craft P/F-82 kits but I won't pay the price that is being asked for the G model. Poking around last night I found this site.

I have the Modelcraft F-82G. The radar pod is WAAAYYYY off - far too small. That was obvious from the first; that pod has to have a nose about the size of a P-61 nose. I have book on building Mustang kits and they show how to build a new one using the one that comes with the kit.

It turns out that the P-82D had a radar pod similar to that of the P-38M; I'm going to build that one. I have 7 P-82B kits.

Yeah I have that book also. I bought a couple from a 3d printing company, still hoping Modelvist does theirs before I give up and do mine.

OOOh indeed !
At last, a new Lanc in this scale - question is, will it be a reasonable price, and an improvement over their fairly basic 1/32nd scale version.
I suspect it will be a "down-scaled" version, but great to see a new one after all these years.

Reasonable? This Plastic, we don't need no reasonable! We can charge the moon, If we make it they will come, AHAHAHAHAHA

Just been looking and its due out next month.
Their 1/48 B-17 is £105 - £115 so wondering if the Lancaster will be similar price range ?

I agree. from what I've seen in reviews and pics of the HK 1/32nd scale Lancaster, for the price, I wasn't impressed. Detail, for this large scale, seemed sparse, basic and rather soft .
If their 1/48th scale Lanc is going to be over £100, then I'll stick with the modifications / corrections on my old Tamiya kit. I'm fairly sure that Revell Germany, or ICM, could produce a very good 1/48th scale Lanc, probably at half the price.

I see Revell Germany, ICM and Airfix, do a better 1/48 Lancaster than HK, with more details and for a lesser price....

Users who are viewing this thread