A few more future releases. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep...just saw this one. It's been right at the top of my MOST WANTED list for quite some time. Looks like they've fixed the "Bolingbroke nacelle" problem evident on the 1/72 kit, which is great news. Also like the gun turret detail and what appears to be a separate part for the gunner's hatch, allowing it to be posed open to see all the lovely detail inside.

Purists will want to replace the radar antennas with something more to scale. I've also just dropped a note to Airfix asking about the gun blast protection plate that's visible on a number of MkI fighters but not visible in any of the CAD images. However, this looks GREAT! Roll on 2018!!!!!

Just been looking at it in the Airfix newsletter blog. Very, very welcome - and what did I say about "No more kits" ? B*gger !!
Wonder if it will be followed by a 'long nose' version eventually ?

No it wouldn't, cos then I'd have to buy two more kits !!
But at least I could then complete my BoB collection, and my 2 Group collection ................... when I eventually get around to building them all, that is !

Very definitely !
Every time I've 'watched' both versions of the 'Classic Airframes' kit on e-bay, they always sell for silly money - an average of £50 upwards, with numerous bids on each.
Although I'm trying to avoid buying more kits (yeah, right, like trying to give up smoking !), I'll be getting this one, and I'd really like to see Airfix release some 1/48th scale versions of their recent 1/72nd scale kits, ikncluding the forthcoming Mitchell, and some of the 'ground support' vehicles etc.

A 1/48th scale Beaufort was announced, some time ago, as a 'future release', by Special Hobby, but no sign of it yet.
I'd like to see Airfix, in particular, release one, and also a 1/48th Hunter, Swift, Halifax, Stirling, Lancaster, Argosy, Andover, and, and, and ................

Anyone paid, or thinking of paying, between £50 and £65 (depending on the spec of the kit) for the Special Hobby 1/32nd scale Hawker Tempest Mk.V kit ?
Yes ?
Well. now you can get a complete, fully detailed Sabre engine for it, in resin and PE, from CMK - if you're willing to pay a further £86 or so (£79 at Model Hobbies) !!!

Users who are viewing this thread