A Little Carving Happening

javlin

1st Lieutenant
6,299
2,403
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Location
MS
Some nice tree carving with a follow up with a Pasche and I am sure wood stains.Enjoy


View: https://youtu.be/2a1QISYNGHs
 
during the last week in February in the little town of Ridgeway, PA. they have the chainsaw carvers rendezvous. we went there for the first time last year. its a big deal and there are carvers from all over the world. most of the main streets are shut down and filled with carvers doing their thing. each carver donates one item for auction...the proceeds go to planning the next years rendezvous. you can buy some pretty cheap and crudely carved stuff....but you can find some very ornate and expensive carvings. when I redo my camp I plan to have one or 2 of them outside and in....
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150227_165845025.jpg
    IMG_20150227_165845025.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20150227_170305692.jpg
    IMG_20150227_170305692.jpg
    717.9 KB · Views: 101
Impressive work!!
 
That's cool Bobby you notice the grain/nott pattern in the back of the fox you posted to nice to beautiful to cover up ;)
 
It is truly amazing what these guys do with a chain saw. Some of the chainsaws are specially made with pointy tips but even so.
I've got enough problems with mine just cutting the tree down...
 
Wow!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back